• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO stuck in "htc evo 4g" during 2.2 update install

Hello all, Phone is stuck on the "htc evo 4g" screen after selecting install update for 2.2. if i pull the battery phone will come back on but no update. here is a list of things i have already tried.
format sd card
master reset from root menu
update firmware "none available"
master reset from settings menu in phone ( when i tried this the phone did the same thing, it would ask if i want to clear all info the i would select yes and the phone would power down and then come on only to the htc evo 4g screen). I have tried all these things a few times and nothing is working. The phone is an replacement from sprint because my last evos wifi didnt work.

Thanks for the reply, i have the issue resolved. I was trying to avoid the 25 mile drive to work (sprint store) to fix the phone but couldn't run across anything other than fully rooting to fix the phone. I had to remove and reprogram 2.1 to the device and then do a direct install of 2.2 to the device via SNRMS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones