1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo Stuck on White screen step by step what to do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tmoney21, Aug 27, 2011.

1. tmoney21

tmoney21 Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2011
    I am very sorry im sure this has been covered before in many different threads but I am trying to revive my HTC Evo 4g and I can get into the Vol down menu but aside from it still always getting stuck on that white screen nothing happens. I dont really want to root my phone and if any way possible I dont want to wipe the hard drive clean. I have read a few different solutions in the past but cant seem to find certain information.. From where I stand I find two solutions..

1. Root your phone and wipe your hard drive but gain nearly unlimited access to all your phone has to offer without the new updates. in order to do this you have to download the root program onto your computer and install it to the phone..

2. Download the recovery software on your computer and recover your phone through your computer this way.

my question is.
    1. Do I have to wipe my phone clean either option?

2. I cannot for the life of me find a clean answer on what to download and how to install the normal recovery software.

Now I can find info all over the place about rooting the phone and if the phone will lose all its data either way then I will probably just look into rooting the phone because there is a lot more abundance of information. If anyone could help me find the recovery software or a step by step on how to fix this "Stuck on the White HTC screen" problem I would be very very happy =]

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    so you cant get your phone to boot up at all? if not then you could try a factory reset by selecting clear storage in the hboot menu (power off then press and hold vol down). you cant root your phone unless you have a bottable phone because there are some settings that need to occur in order for revolutionary (the rooting program) to work. you might need to take it in and get it fixed.

Tags: