1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Evo thinks SD Card is connected to PC when it's not

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by plmiller0905, Jun 16, 2010.

1. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Officer
    Big City, Wisconsin
    I have a problem with my Evo as that it literally thinks its connected to a PC when it's not.

I had the phone, checked for a Astro Fime Manager for a file I placed on SD Card. When I was checking, most things appeared but when I checked other folders, like the Download folded, nothing showed in there. But I know I had files in that the folder.

I then connected the phone to my PC and without it asking me if I wanted to charge it, sync it, use it for disk drive or internet connection, it went straight to the "Use it as a disk drive" feature. Verified because soon as I plugged it into my computer, the SD Card opened on my PC.

I then clicked to have the phone just "Charging" and now I can see everything on my SD card again.

Do anyone know what this problem could be or how to fix it? I thought it was one of the SD Card Problems that was occurring to some phones. But according to other threads I read, their SD card wasn't even acknowledged by the Evo.

Their SD card stopped working altogether before doing the fix.

Another question about this, will "Debugging" cause this if left on? I had it one for doing the adb stuff when I rooted etc.

Advertisement

2. chazglenn3

chazglenn3 Active Member

May 22, 2010
    If you installed the Double Twist app on your phone it has a setting to automatically mount the SD card when the phone is connected to a PC. Turn it off in the Double Twist settings.

Tags: