1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support EVO tries to turn on but keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MerpsMom, Oct 15, 2011.

1. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Picture Framer
    Midwest
    Turned on the EVO this morning and all it does is keep rebooting. Is this coincidence that Sprint just added a bunch of new users to the network, or is it my phone??

If it's the phone, how do I fix it if it won't turn on? Oh, please, help!

MM

Advertisement

2. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    I believe it is the phone. Have you pulled the battery? I would try that first then if it doesn't boot contact sprint. Adding users to the network would have no affect on your phone. (in Theory at least :) It is like adding users to the computer may affect the speed but should still work fine.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. MerpsMom

MerpsMom Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    Picture Framer
    Midwest
    Oh, boo hoo. Sprint agreed with you (and me) that it was the phone. I just did a hard reset and am slogging through re-adding and trying to remember screens, etc.

I hate this! Is there any other phone that doesn't require a wipeout every five or six months? This is the third time in two phones. I love this thing but I'll bail if I have to do this again!

MM

4. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp

Sorry you had to go through that trouble. Have you thought about rooting and using another ROM? I'll be honest none of them are perfect. But there are a few that most in here like that are a fairbit better than the Default one. And at least you can then do a nandroid backup and then just restore after a hard reset. This would save you a lot of set up time. However If you decide to root make sure you read and understand all the instructions. Also ASK if in doubt lots of people in here willing to help ;)

Rooting for Dummies the Gingerbread Edition is the best place to start if your interested. Also Ocnbrnz the guy who wrote the guide has a lot of knowledge in the area.

Tags: