1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Evo, USB, and In Dash Receiver

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mood, Feb 4, 2011.

1. mood

mood Lurker

So Ive been using my evo as a flash drive for music. I have an AVH4000DVD (Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com) and before I had the evo I used a regular USB flash drive. Today I tried loading an MP4 onto the evo only to realize that it doesnt come up at all. Anyone else have any luck with this deck or similar decks? It doesnt have bluetooth. It doesnt list what files are compatible via USB only CD.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie

Were you able to put the Evo into disk drive mode? It's possible that the Evo doesn't "see" the pioneer as a valid usb connection.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

these usb head units are hit or miss. Most of them were never developed with Android in mind. You have gotten further than most... most people can't even get it to work at all.

does your h/u recognize mp4 when you put one on the flash drive? I know mine doesn't, it only recognizes music files.

4. mood

mood Lurker

The deck recognizes the evo on disk drive mode as a thumb drive and Im able to play music through my deck and navigate the folders. Ive never tried putting a video file on a thumb drive before and I dont have one anymore to try it. The deck plays burned discs and mp3 discs, with the exception of a couple songs the deck reads the evo with no problem. It even plays ringtones. I Havent found a utility app for this specific purpse but hopefully there will be one in the future.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

I agree...mine wont even read mine as a drive :(

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews