• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help EVO V SD Card Issues

jmatherly411

Android Enthusiast
Feb 7, 2012
Virginia
Has anyone here experienced the SD card not being recognized by the phone (EVO V). Earlier today I was loading app that was installed on the SD card the app never loaded next thing my phone rebooted and said the SD card was unavailable. I went under settings and storage and be hold the SD card wasn't being recognized by my phone. All the shortcut icons also changed into the android dude that were installed on my SD card. Did my SD card die? I pulled the battery, took out the SD, inserted the SD card still nothing. I happened to have a 2GB SD card from another android phone and installed it and it recognized it. Also the SD card was factory Kingston 8GB micro SD card that came with the phone. What gives?:thinking:

I just experienced this issue. It was when I clicked on storage in the settings. I rebooted and the SD was there using es file explorer. So I clicked on storage and it was gone again.
I did a power cycle, and now I can click on storage again.

I would definitely mount it in recovery or Windows and check the file system for errors.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones