1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EVO Verizon 3G Data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mpeg3s, Feb 5, 2011.

1. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

Guys,

I have my EVO working for the most part beside 3G. 3G works, but it always In and Out (data drops) only. I have to keep refreshing.

Seeking consistent 3G!

I'm tired of this! So I'm offering a $5 Paypal.com bounty to solve this once and for good. Note, I will take a week to test.

1) My Phone is Rooted and switched to Verizon by me
    2) I don't have the stock Radio & PRL, it's newer prior to the latest. I don't have the last Radio as others have reported problems with it. I'm scared to upgrade it!

Yes, I've searched enough.

Help!

DEVICE: HTC EVO 4G
    ROOT METHOD: unrEVOked 3.21
    ROM: Fresh 3.5 froyo 2.2 KERNEL: ?

Reward is no longer offered. This problem was resolved by me with little assistance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

mpeg3s likes this.
  3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Android Expert

Note the Verizon...

akazabam likes this.
  4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Sorry, skipped over that in the subject. So, what exactly are you doing to use Verizon?

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Are you trying to roam on verizon/use their data? There is supposedly a method to do so but I have not seen it yet. Currently the only methods I have end up on verizon 2g.

Check out the thread akazabam linked above. There are two key steps in there that will increase data speeds 15-75%

mpeg3s likes this.
  6. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

I will try your methods. The first one whom resolve my lost of connection issue gets the reward.

7. Mr. Ed

I am not entirely certain we understand what you are trying to do lol

8. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

I've tried both the new Radio and PRL and both still have the same problem. No consistant 3G. In and Out (data drops) only.

9. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

At present, I just seek a stable 3G connection for one tower. I'm not using a Sprint network at all. Pure Verizion.

10. Mr. Ed

you are using an evo on verizon ? your service is through verizon?????

11. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

Yes, to BOTH.

12. Mr. Ed

Not really sure how to help you on this one. You make the first I have read that has done this. (haven't really looked)

My experience is pretty much limited to sprint phones on sprint service

13. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

I think I discovered a solution from another source.

My connection is now stable but only CDMA 96kps.

Still seeking 3G in Los Angeles

Thanks!

14. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Do you have a guide or instructions of some sort that you followed to get your phone on verizon?

15. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

New Evo 3G data Status:

Channel Number 775

Band Class 1

Subnet Color Code

UATI = ***

Active Set Pilot PN

Rx Signal Strength

Rx Power

Channel Per

Request Data Rate

000 kps

HDR Session State

Data Session State

1, 0 , 2

IP Addresss

EVDO Rev A 70.*.*.*

AN/AAA Auth

EVDO Diversity

Enabled

Last Error Code

No Data

16. Mikesyamahar6

Mikesyamahar6 Lurker

While i realize its been quite some time since you posted your problem, you never posted your solution.

I am having a similar issue and would love to have something other than my inconsistent 3g speeds, all sub 40kbps down.

17. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

18. Mikesyamahar6

Mikesyamahar6 Lurker

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yeah, i have tried the fix(es) posted in the link you posted, as well as flashing older radios (Pri prl nv wimax etc) to numerous different versions.

Girlfriends phone performs flawlessly 500kb down+, whereas mine is lucky if it makes 40kbps, and is typically 15-25k. (Same location)

The only difference i can find between the two phones is in ##debug#. In the EVOD section, "requested data rate" on hers (as well as my brothers evo) fluctuates around 200-400. Mine sits at 0 all the time.. never changes.

All other settings seem to be matched perfectly. Sprint has done numerous ##data# resets (over the phone and in person), they re-installed my HTC software in store, reprovisioned both in person and over the phone and said my phone is fine. I held my phone and her phone up together, tapped the same utube on each phone, hers played through, mine got a network error and closed out. I also did a speed test, hers showed 600kbs DOWN, 400kbs UP. Mine was 27KB Down 300KB UP. The "tech" at the sprint store said it was because we have different phone numbers, and sprints towers are congested.

Pissing me off to be honest with you.

19. Mikesyamahar6

Mikesyamahar6 Lurker

Think i may call sprint tomorrow and demand a new phone be shipped to me. We can swap em out and be done with it.

20. mpeg3s

mpeg3s Newbie

I've done it.

It took me much time and software purchasing. I now have 3G LOCKED on PagePlus. I quit Verizon as they cost too much and they won't allow it. Now I use Verizon through Pageplus.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews