• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO volume rocker audio file

Howdy All,

Question: The EVO 4G plays an audio file whenever you adjust the ringtone volume with the volume rocker buttons. Does anyone know which file this is and where it's located ?

Why I'm asking (in case you're interested): I'm one of those that does not like to hit the power button everytime I want to sleep/lock or wake up my phone. It's simply an awkward button for me to hit and I'm afraid I'll wear it out over time or accidentally drop the phone. So, I'm using 'Screen Off' to sleep the phone with homescreen shortcut and 'No Lock' to prevent the phone from going entirely into lock mode. This lets me use the volume rocker buttons to wake the phone. The problem is that each time I hit the button it plays the 'plunk' sound indicating the volume level, which is driving me a little nuts (think chinese water torture). I've been unable to find a solution to this problem, and am now looking at finding the media/audio file for this and simply replacing it with a silent audio clip. But I searched for all media files in /system, played them each, and couldn't find a match.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones