• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO vs Incredible Smack Down...

Actually, professional reviews prove Incredible as faster. Sorry, Zippier. Nice try kiddo.

JA out.

kiddo...lol, I was stating what the obvious was in the Video, and what he said! And yes on WIFI is was a little bit faster. Professional? Sorry Champ, I haven't seen any professional EVO vs Incredible videos, but I'll see it live on Friday when I match em up myself... ;)

Upvote 0
Both devices have strengths and weaknesses that cancel each other out, so are near exact equals. Either device is a rock solid win :)

As far as reviews, too many contradictions. One says battery sux, another says it is OK. One say it is real fast, another says it is not. Various apps that are running are the wild cards causing the deviation of reviews- IMO.

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
I kinda wish the Incredible owners would get off my EVO-nuts.

It comes down to the basic fact that the EVO loses nothing to the Incredible and has more features going for it to make it no-contest. Add to the fact that you can't even get an Incredible right now and those that did buy one last month have buyers remorse looking at HTC's FLAGSHIP device come out not 1 month later..

Learn to live with it.. us EVO owners will be p3wned in 30 days by something else - such is life.

Upvote 0
hahahahahaha....yea I felt like screaming IT"S EVOOOO, not Eee. V. Ooo.
anyway a good duel, EVO a little bit faster, as shown on the video, and he states the build quality is better on the EVO as well...

According to Sprint, it's E-V-O .... don't believe me? Call their 800 number lol. I was caught off guard by it too.

I'll still be calling it Evo though.

Upvote 0
I kinda wish the Incredible owners would get off my EVO-nuts.

It comes down to the basic fact that the EVO loses nothing to the Incredible and has more features going for it to make it no-contest.

To be fair, it's not a "no contest."

- Verizon's coverage is undeniably better in the U.S.
- Personally, I pay less on VZW than I would Sprint.
- 4G is great, from what I've read, except it drains battery and doesn't work well indoors.
- More onboard storage in the Incredible.
- Incredible's size is more pocket/holding friendly.

I realize there are features the EVO has the Incredible doesn't, but you said the EVO loses nothing to the Incredible. That's quite the overstatement. They are essentially equals except when it comes down to a few smaller details, both of which are a toss up depending on what you're looking for.

Add to the fact that you can't even get an Incredible right now and those that did buy one last month have buyers remorse looking at HTC's FLAGSHIP device come out not 1 month later..

No remorse, here. I could have easily swapped the Incredible for the EVO, but the network, size, and battery life were too important to pass up. Indeed, if I wanted the bigger screen, 4G, and video conferencing, I would've opted for the EVO.

And in all fairness, the EVO is a fantastic phone. If the Incredible was not available on Verizon, I might have even picked up an EVO myself. Thankfully, that's not an issue. What is an issue for me is when people make foolish statements like yours above.

Reactions: TheGoatLantern
Upvote 0
Heck, I am just glad that Android finally has some phones that will make Apple sweat. It will force them to make a better iPhone which will cause all the Android manufactuers to make better phones. EVERY BODY WINS!!! And yes, the EVO and INC are both excellent devices. If I were loyal to VZW, I would have the INC. I AM loyal to Sprint, so I have the EVO....which is a much better phone....;-)....j/k.....hahahha....no really.....hahahaha!!!

Upvote 0
Well we have to remember it's a phone first and foremost.

If you want a bigger phone, Evo is the way to go. Smaller, Incredible is the way to go.

However, when put side to side, I had signal strength on evo of 98 and incredible of 74. So as far as reception in my area the Incredible and Verizon do better. (all you have to do is look at their map).

I also tried the 4g and 3g comparison - Evo was just a touch faster but the battery drained almost 3x as fast.

One reviewer from a site said: it's like putting a go-kart into the indy 5 hundred and saying, here is a tank of gasoline. WIN. Just a shame.

But in reality, they are both great phones. It's not a big deal that the reviews all come in as the Incredible being faster.

All about form factor preference!

Upvote 0
I'm posting this via wifi tethering on 4G through my rooted EVO.

Ask the Incredible to do any portion of the above. Its like dividing by zero.

You are correct, since it is mathematically pointless, since you could do the same thing on the Incredible using 2G, 2.5g or 3G- it is just a text post ;)

Besides, wifi hotspot makes the device run hotter than just using USB, but there are two apps that allow both on any Android device :)

BTW, how are those buildings and underground areas using 4G working out for you ;)

I better be careful, since LTE may be no better......

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones