• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Evo vs iPhone4!

You need both devices in hand to do an adequate review. I hate when people try and rush things to print. My reviews come from forums of real life everyday users. Mac forums as well

Agreed, all we can do now is speculate/guess as to how it is going to turn out. But based on what Steve Jobs told us, we can make an educated guess as to how this is going to turn out. I'll be honest, I had iPhone envy for a while there, that is, until the Evo came out. Now, I tend to agree with this author... There is nothing really revolutionary about the new iPhone that is going to change the future of handheld devices like it did in 2007, or since. This new iPhone is just bleh, especially side by side with the Evo. I mean, they even admitted that the resolution of the iPhone screen is beyond the limits that the human eye can recognize... So what's the point with that? Honestly, this was my reaction while reading the engadget liveblog when the iPhone 4 was announced:

SJ: The new iPhone will have a resolution of 960 x 640...
Me: Ooooh, shiny...
SJ: Which is beyond the limit at which the human eye can discern a difference.
Me: lolwut?! Do you plan on selling this to some species other than human?! <facepalm>

When they finally did a side by side with the 3GS and the 4 to show you which had a better resolution, I thought "yeah that does kinda look sharper", then I saw the little white lettering at the bottom of the picture identifying the phone I thought had the "sharper" image was the 3GS. <facepalm>

The only thing that Apple claims to have on the Evo is the battery life, and that is yet to be proven. Aside from that, I think that the Evo has it beat in every other aspect.

Just my $.03 (adjusted for inflation)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones