• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO w/ Sense 2.0 and Gingerbread > EVO 3D

Which do you agree with more?

• EVO > EVO3D regardless of new features

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • EVO Sense 2.0 & Gingerbread > EVO 3D

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • EVO 3D > EVO

Votes: 57 58.8%

• Total voters
I doubt you'll see alot of development around 3d mobile devices until (if) more hit the market. There's no sense in a developer spending significant time creating an app that only a fraction of potential customers can use. Same thing with dual core.

I've always heard that iOS gets development first, then android, then webos and whatever else. So until the iphone supports such hardware, or a flood of new android devise hit the market, I doubt we'll see any vast leaps in develpoment

Upvote 0
I would rather keep my evo 4g and send in my phone to htc to upgraded to the dual core 1.2 ghz for a small fee without upgrading to a completely new phone. I mean the phone looks practically identical. If that's possible, we should begin a petition to get everyone one to sign to get this done as every evo4g consumer would be happy and on top of it, more money in sprint and/or htc pockets. :) Just an idea.

Upvote 0
A perfect example of mp vs quality is the epic camera. The pics from our epic blow the pics from the evo out of the water. MP has nothing at all to do with picture quality.

And as far as somehow combining the two evo 3d cams to make one 10mp pic that could never happen because the cameras see two different images so if it's taking the pic with both and combining it's either going to give you a 3d pic or a blurry 2d pic.

I would expect the quality of the evo 3d camera to be a lot better than what we have now.

Upvote 0
I would rather keep my evo 4g and send in my phone to htc to upgraded to the dual core 1.2 ghz for a small fee without upgrading to a completely new phone. I mean the phone looks practically identical. If that's possible, we should begin a petition to get everyone one to sign to get this done as every evo4g consumer would be happy and on top of it, more money in sprint and/or htc pockets. :) Just an idea.

This is simply not possible for a handful of reasons, not the least of which virtually all the innards would need to be replaced. The processors, ram, etc are actually all soldered onto the boards. They are not like a "build your own PC" where you can pick or choose parts to upgrade. It would litereally costs HTC and sprint too much money to implement. If they tried to turn a profit on something like this nobody would buy it because it would meet or exceed current phone upgrade costs (it would cost more than or equal to upgrading your entire phone). Then there is somehow logging which devices got what upgrade(s) for repair and insurance purposes, and the list goes on.

Upvote 0
We have no idea how good the sensors and software is. The 5MP pic taken by the 3D mught actualy look 10x better than the 8MP pic taken by the EVO. I would be utterly shocked if they kept everything the same and downgraded to 5MP. THat doesn't make sense to me. I am banking on a camera that takes nicer still than the 4G as well.

I just bought the new 3d htc evo and the quality of the pics to me are so much better on this phone than on the original evo. even with out using the 3d camera. you get two 5mp camera in the back and one in the front. the ui on here is better and there is no dragging with it. still playing with it to see how everything operates on here

Upvote 0
The Evo is a great phone, no arguements, but the 3D will always be better. I don't have the 3D, still on the original, but the reason I say this is because the EVO 3D has a faster processor, and more features. It's a more modern phone than the EVO 4G, so it's features and power beat it, no doubt. I would love to see some Sense 2.0 on my Evo, and the Sense reboot fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones