• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Evo won't recognize new 16GB SDcard.

deafcon5

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I bought a new SDcard (ADATA 16GB Class 6 MicroSD) I formatted it FAT32, exactly like the original 8GB card and copied all the data from the original SD card onto it. The phone won't recognize the new card at all. My computer recognizes it just fine, but when i put it in the phone, the phone does not see it at all. I've searched for an answer for two days. Any suggestions?

Was just looking at some settings on my phone and just thought of this. When you took out your original SD card, did you unmount it first? The Evo may not recognize any other card because all it will look for is the mounted card. If doing that doesn't work, maybe try unmounting, restart the phone, install new card, start phone again, and then mount new card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones