1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Evo won't turn on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slippry, Jun 21, 2011.

1. slippry

slippry Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    My wife and I both switched to Sprint two weeks ago and we both got Evo's. Last night she plugged her phone in to charge as we went to bed. About 4 hours later she woke up and her phone was extremely hot and wouldn't turn on. We took out the battery for a few minutes and put it back in but that didn't work. We let it sit the rest of the night and hoped it would turn on in the morning. So the morning came it turned on for about 2 seconds and went black again and hasn't turned on since. Is there anything we can try or do without having to go back to Sprint and get a replacement? Or would it be better to skip all that and go exchange it for a new one?

Advertisement

2. smitty543

smitty543 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    I would run to the Sprint store and get a replacement ASAP. That way you will still have 2 weeks to try the replacement to be sure that it is behaving and not needing replaced.

3. slippry

slippry Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    I went to the Sprint store and he told me this is a known issue. He told me the fix sucks but it works. He told me to plug the phone in for 24 hours and the light should start blinking then it would turn back. This was a replacement phone already since her first Evo wouldn't get signal in our house but mine would. Which brings me to my next point where he said the new update addresses this issue and fixes it. We updated her first phone but this one she didn't update it yet. So I guess Ill find out if this guy knows what he is talking about or not in 24 hours.

4. slippry

slippry Newbie
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    After 24 hours of charging the phone still would not turn on. I took it back to the Sprint store and they told me to go to a different store where they have techs that can fix it. So I arrive at the other store and tell them what they had told me. They couldn't believe that they told me to leave it plugged in for 24 hours and said those guys are morons. Unfortunately they couldn't replace my phone there and sent me back to the other store. They called ahead for me and told them to give us a replacement. The tech said the port quit working because it wouldn't take any charge. So anyways we go the new phone and updated to the latest software which is supposed to fix this issue. Hopefully we will have better luck with this one. Also since we still have two weeks to exchange phones we both might be switching to the Evo 3d.

5. hillary520

hillary520 Lurker
    None

Jul 8, 2011
    I just got the EVO 3D 9 days ago. I started having charging issues a couple days ago. Now it won't turn on at all.:(

Tags: