1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support evo3d stuck at sprint logo on startup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cyberkiller, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Cyberkiller

Cyberkiller Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Stock evo3d had it since july no problems. Programs started crashing today so I did a soft reboot, now it won't load past the sprint logo at startup. Just sits there.

So far I removed the sd card and did a battery pull with no luck. What else to try?

Advertisement

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    The only thing I could think of is you will have to do a Factory Reset in recovery mode. I know your not rooted but you can get into recovery while not being rooted with a battery pull. Wait and see if anyone else has any solutions, if not then I will explain how to do so

marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

Oct 12, 2009
    34.0522° N, 118.2437° W
    how long are you letting it "sit there" whilst on the sprint logo?

how long did you remove the battery?

leave the battery out for 5 minutes
    re insert and let the phone boot up. if its still stuck on the sprint logo, just let it ply for a few minutes... give it about 5 minutes. let it work out what could be causing the issue.

if no success, recovery may be your best bet.

DonB likes this.
  4. Cyberkiller

Cyberkiller Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    I let it sit at the logo for about an hour and also tried leaving the battery out for around an hour.

My biggest thing is avoiding a factory reset as I don't want to lose the data I have on the phone.

I also fully charged the battery, if I turn it off and plug it in the charge light indicator lights like always and charges.

With the recovery option in the system menu, is there a way to load a stock rom without unlocking the phone?

5. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    No you need to be rooted for that, and all you will loose on a FR is your apps, which will download again once you sign into Gmail, as that will reinstall your apps, or you can use Titanium back up also. but you will loose all your text stored, other than that you will simply have to set your phone back up the way you had it, and you can take screen shots and have your phone back to where it was in 15 minutes. It is the only way I see to resolve your issue that I know of, I have had a few friends with the same issue and usually the FR is the only solution on a none rooted phone, if you call Sprint this is what they will make you do

marctronixx likes this.
  6. Cyberkiller

Cyberkiller Lurker
    None

Jul 7, 2011
    Thanks for all your information.

I went ahead and did the factory reset, which did fix it. It seems I lost my text messages, contacts and installed apps.

Marketplace is reinstalling my installed apps, however my contacts didn't come back after I associated my gmail account. Looks like they are all lost.

What's the best way to backup/sync contacts incase this happens to me again?

marctronixx likes this.
  7. DonB

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    Well the only way you would of lost your Contacts is if you only had them stored on your phone and not Gmail, if you had them stored on GMail which most of us do now a days on smart phones, they can be restored. Make sure you have all your contacts stored on Gmail

marctronixx likes this.
Tags: