1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

EVO4G screen cutting on when charging.. is this normal?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edwardnnc1, May 14, 2011.

1. edwardnnc1

edwardnnc1 Lurker

I never noticed this until the other day.
    I am not sure if this is normal or not.

I plugged my phone up to my Griffin wall charger with the Evo cable at work.
    It charged fine, but the screen cut on and back off a couple of times while it was charging. Is this normal?

Today, I had is plugged up at home with the Evo travel USB charger and Evo cable. I saw it cut on and off once.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Adrian

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

I don't know if it's normal...but my EVO does this. I've never seen my wife's EVO do it, though. But, I don't sit around and watch them charge. I just notice that when I pass the desk where they charge that my screen turns on even after turning it off.

edwardnnc1 likes this.
  3. edwardnnc1

edwardnnc1 Lurker

Do you notice it more towards the end of the charge cycle when you do notice it?

4. Its not rocket science. The phone wakes up from time to time. If wifi or mobile data is on its probably waking up to download data for a particular app. My HTC Sprint Touch would do the same thing.

5. edwardnnc1

edwardnnc1 Lurker

Really?? Glad to know that. Obviously posting on forums isn't either. I'll let you know when they find the way to exude the difference between having a little bit of OCD and being ignorant. Then I'll use it as a sig so people will realize I might be a little "off" instead of thinking I am a moron.

Thanks for this part. I get it. I am pretty sure that data was not on, but it could have been. I try to leave all that off when I am not using it.

6. shmn

shmn Android Enthusiast

It appears to be random.

As for our resident rocket scientist's claim...if this is true then why doesn't my wife's EVO ever wake up while charging? Both phones are set up the same except she has her e-mail checked every 10 minutes while mine is set to once a day...so you would think her phone would wake a lot more often then mine. But her phone never wakes and mine does occasionally. Chew on that.

7. So you sit there and watch the phone as it charges every minute of the day and over night? Really? If it isn't linked to mobile data being on, an app, or both then I'm really dumb. Its just common sense behind the reasoning why the phone wakes up. Its random to get struck by lightening. Its not random for a phone to just wake up on its own. Especially since another HTC device I had would do the same thing. Only thing in common between the phones is they both download data and are CDMA phones. hmmmmm My Sprint Touch didn't use any apps!

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews