• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root EVO_Radio_2.15.00.08.08: Flash Procedure

Mines a bust for now. I can't get Amon Ra to load on boot. Had a nasty virus a year ago and thought all was taken care of but guess not. Uninstalled winrar. Re-downloaded and renamed and still unzipping on rename. Have tried rezipping and adds the .zip back to file. Wiped everything and reinstalled Cm7, Tiamet and V6. Nothing. Will try and download Amon Ra from friends computer tomorrow and see if that works. Really think new radio will benefit me a lot as I hang on 1 bar and even 1X at home. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for the help though ocnbrz.

Upvote 0
Mines a bust for now. I can't get Amon Ra to load on boot. Had a nasty virus a year ago and thought all was taken care of but guess not. Uninstalled winrar. Re-downloaded and renamed and still unzipping on rename. Have tried rezipping and adds the .zip back to file. Wiped everything and reinstalled Cm7, Tiamet and V6. Nothing. Will try and download Amon Ra from friends computer tomorrow and see if that works. Really think new radio will benefit me a lot as I hang on 1 bar and even 1X at home. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for the help though ocnbrz.

try this:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8709935/PC36IMG.zip
it is already named for you.

Upvote 0
no it should not. you can try it. but it is just the radios that is in the zip.

Since it does say the new correct version of baseband version I installed I was just worried about the issue if it saying "formatting cache" in recovery and I hit reboot now just wondering if it would not install the driver correctly. Maybe I should have waited till it gave me a prompt to reboot now, or once it comes back from the green circle screen your good to reboot....I know I sound really paranoid.....:eek:

Upvote 0
Since it does say the new correct version of baseband version I installed I was just worried about the issue if it saying "formatting cache" in recovery and I hit reboot now just wondering if it would not install the driver correctly. Maybe I should have waited till it gave me a prompt to reboot now, or once it comes back from the green circle screen your good to reboot....I know I sound really paranoid.....:eek:

go ahead and hit reboot. you should be good to go.

Upvote 0
Well this is what I did:
1. put file in sd card
2. Rebooted into recovery and did a nand backup
3. Wipe dalvik cache and cache three times each
4. Flashed zip from SD card
It prompted me to reboot I believe, which ever step brings you to the screen with green circle and arrow, stayed there for about a minute and went back to recovery where it said "formatting cache" at the bottom. I saw I could move up and down figured the process was over and rebooted.( whole flash process took about 5 mins.) It says I have the baseband version listed on this thread just wondering if it installed correctly. I'll give a few days and see how everything is and report back.

Upvote 0
go ahead and hit reboot. you should be good to go.

Just a quick suggestion brze, maybe it should be on the main post on how to flash this radio that if it says "formatting cache" at the bottom you should be safe to reboot, because a few ppl had the same thought and I'm sure there will be more to come, just a suggestion don't mean to step on anyone's toes....

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
just a quick suggestion brze, maybe it should be on the main post on how to flash this radio that if it says "formatting cache" at the bottom you should be safe to reboot, because a few ppl had the same thought and i'm sure there will be more to come, just a suggestion don't mean to step on anyone's toes....

+1111 but hes kind of busy in another thread.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yeah, you gotta watch it. Blink and you'll miss it :)
I did the combo this afternoon (very nerve wracking lol) and I nearly missed the formatting cache.

If I recall, Amon Ra is like that with everything you flash...

As it runs, the entire screen fills with text and is re-written. But when your update finishes, only the part that amon ra needs is re-written (the top portion), so it'll still say the words of your previous action.
(I think that's what it's doing)
It's tricky.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Well It's been a few days since i installed the new radio version and my 3g speeds have been pretty decent, I have not gotten more than 3 bars anywhere. I am still wondering if the baseband version would say the updated radio version, but not have installed correctly. I was still thinking about when I flashed the radio and it said "formatting cache" and i hit reboot. But I'm pretty sure on amon ra it won't let you do anything until it has done the entire process and then the reboot now option pops up....I'm thinkin about flashing this radio again and see what happens...

Upvote 0
Yeah, you gotta watch it. Blink and you'll miss it :)
I did the combo this afternoon (very nerve wracking lol) and I nearly missed the formatting cache.

If I recall, Amon Ra is like that with everything you flash...

As it runs, the entire screen fills with text and is re-written. But when your update finishes, only the part that amon ra needs is re-written (the top portion), so it'll still say the words of your previous action.
(I think that's what it's doing)
It's tricky.

What did you do when it said formatting cache, did you reboot while it said formatting cache at the bottom or wait a while and then it gave you the prompt to reboot

Upvote 0
What did you do when it said formatting cache, did you reboot while it said formatting cache at the bottom or wait a while and then it gave you the prompt to reboot

it looks like the script for the radio does not tell you when it is doen installing. it will still say formatting cache. but if you look up, you will see that you will have recovery options again. if you can navigate through your recovery then it is doen installing and you can reboot.

Reactions: myea_one
Upvote 0
it looks like the script for the radio does not tell you when it is doen installing. it will still say formatting cache. but if you look up, you will see that you will have recovery options again. if you can navigate through your recovery then it is doen installing and you can reboot.

Ok kool, thx for clearing that up for me, I did notice that my 3g speeds are a little faster, they weren't slow to begin with but they seem to be running quicker.....:D

Upvote 0
OK after flashing the new radio combo I can't connect to Wifi or 4g anymore, I updated the profile and the PRL still nothing. I checked with Wimax checker and the keys are still there. does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I screwed the process up and missed a step, or should I cancel the idea and restore from a nandriod?

Upvote 0
OK after flashing the new radio combo I can't connect to Wifi or 4g anymore, I updated the profile and the PRL still nothing. I checked with Wimax checker and the keys are still there. does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I screwed the process up and missed a step, or should I cancel the idea and restore from a nandriod?

What rom are you on?

Strange, I used the Calkulin's combo from 9/5 and haven't had an issue

Upvote 0
i placed this file on the root of SD card
used ROM manager App and changed recovery to RA
boot to recovery
wiped cache
did a Nandroid
flashed the 2.15.0808
restarted
used ROM manager App to install clockwork again

worked like a charm without any problems at all

its up to you to use rom manager, but i think your playing with a loaded gun in my pinion. i have had and seen many issues coming from rom manager. i really recommend amon ra 2.3.

Upvote 0
its up to you to use rom manager, but i think your playing with a loaded gun in my pinion. i have had and seen many issues coming from rom manager. i really recommend amon ra 2.3.

I keep hearing ppl say that so I wonder why they baked it into the synergy+godmode rom that im running right now. I cant even boot into recovery on this rom unless i use rom manager OR a battery pull. If i power off and use power+volume down it just boots regular and yes i have fast boot of and tried many times.:D

Upvote 0
I keep hearing ppl say that so I wonder why they baked it into the synergy+godmode rom that im running right now. I cant even boot into recovery on this rom unless i use rom manager OR a battery pull. If i power off and use power+volume down it just boots regular and yes i have fast boot of and tried many times.:D

Have you tried using Quick Boot free from the market?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones