• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVO's little brother, the Aria

docprego

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2009
Today I helped my sister pick a new phone, she's with AT&T. I was adamant about her going with an Android phone so that gave her 2 choices; the Motorola Backflip or the HTC Aria. Ultimately we both agreed that the Aria was the better choice and we took it home.

Tonight I spent 2 hours showing her around Android and the Sense UI and setting up her phone. Since the interface was exactly the same as my EVO it was a piece of cake for me. The Aria feels exactly like the EVO's little brother because it essentially functions identically but is smaller in every way. After we were done I needed to use my phone for a few things. I was absolutely stunned at the difference between our screens. The obvious difference in size (3.2 vs 4.3 inches) is a MUCH larger difference than those numbers (1.1 inches) make it sound. The other difference I noted was that the EVO's screen is so much crisper. The funny thing is that in those hours that I used her Aria I didn't have any complaints and thought that the screen looked great and was an adequate size. I actually enjoyed showing her how to use her phone, not once did I think that it was too small or didn't look good in any way. Once on the EVO things changed dramatically and it was no comparison.

Sometimes people forget what they have, they get used to it and it becomes ordinary. The Aria made me realize this, I was getting used to my EVO and losing sight of it's splendor. I can tell you with certainty after tonight that the EVO is anything but ordinary, in fact it's extraordinary.

This is funny. I have a co-worker who after seeing my EVO, had to have one but since she is on ATT she ordered the ARIA. It hasn't come in yet so I look forward to setting them side by side, however, I have played with the aria in an ATT store before I got my EVO and as the OP said, was totally satisfied with it's performance and almost considered going with it!

Upvote 0
Today I helped my sister pick a new phone, she's with AT&T. I was adamant about her going with an Android phone so that gave her 2 choices; the Motorola Backflip or the HTC Aria. Ultimately we both agreed that the Aria was the better choice and we took it home.

Tonight I spent 2 hours showing her around Android and the Sense UI and setting up her phone. Since the interface was exactly the same as my EVO it was a piece of cake for me. The Aria feels exactly like the EVO's little brother because it essentially functions identically but is smaller in every way. After we were done I needed to use my phone for a few things. I was absolutely stunned at the difference between our screens. The obvious difference in size (3.2 vs 4.3 inches) is a MUCH larger difference than those numbers (1.1 inches) make it sound. The other difference I noted was that the EVO's screen is so much crisper. The funny thing is that in those hours that I used her Aria I didn't have any complaints and thought that the screen looked great and was an adequate size. I actually enjoyed showing her how to use her phone, not once did I think that it was too small or didn't look good in any way. Once on the EVO things changed dramatically and it was no comparison.

Sometimes people forget what they have, they get used to it and it becomes ordinary. The Aria made me realize this, I was getting used to my EVO and losing sight of it's splendor. I can tell you with certainty after tonight that the EVO is anything but ordinary, in fact it's extraordinary.

Well Said!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones