• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVP Delivery Dates

I think he meant that he wanted to preorder at BB to ensure he had a phone in-hand early Friday morning. An EVP discount can always be added to your plan later.
I realize that. I contacted EVP through a link from my employer and specifically asked if I bought an EVO at Best Buy could I go back and add the EVP pricing to my contract. I was told they aren't affiliated with Best Buy which I took as a no. I just thought the EVP program was Sprint's required purchasing portal for employee discounts.

What I was saying was that I thought the whole point of this was to get the EVP discount. At this point the price is about the same and it looks like we may get out phones later. If I knew then that I could add the discount later, I would have stayed with Best Buy and not canceled my preorder.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm definitely not happy. I lose points with the wife when her friends get their gadgets first. :rolleyes:

Andrew gave me the impression that the shipments to the stores are analogous to the shipments to us, so we get them as soon as the stores have their orders fulfilled. If stores are already getting their shipments, and we don't even have shipment confirmation, that was a load of crap. :mad:

Someone around here is claiming they're going to pick up theirs on Thursday morning at a Sprint store. I call BS, but can only wait and see.

Upvote 0
I thought the whole point of this was to get the EVP discount. At this point the price is about the same and it looks like we may get out phones later.

The point of my switching from a Sprint store pre-order to EVP was to save $25 per phone. I pay half of that back in shipping, but there was a chance I'd get the phones early (and at home) and still save $25. I'm also hoping that the EVP discount, which I'm told might not apply for a cycle or two, starts being applied sooner that it would have through a store.

Upvote 0
I realize that. I contacted EVP through a link from my employer and specifically asked if I bought an EVO at Best Buy could I go back and add the EVP pricing to my contract. I was told they aren't affiliated with Best Buy which I took as a no. I just thought the EVP program was Sprint's required purchasing portal for employee discounts.

What I was saying was that I thought the whole point of this was to get the EVP discount. At this point the price is about the same and it looks like we may get out phones later. If I knew then that I could add the discount later, I would have stayed with Best Buy and not canceled my preorder.

We can add EVP discounts to accounts when they are activated. Its as simple as adding the corporate hierarchy to the account.

Upvote 0
As long as I can view my EVO through UPS tracking my Friday, I am a happy camper. If it doesn't arrive until Monday, I am fine. I just don't think I could wait any longer for my phone to arrive than Monday. I am one of those people who prefer to unbox a high tech gadget myself and really would not like the idea of best buy, sprint, radioshack, or walmart reps placing there hands on my phone. It ruins the entire unboxing concept.

Upvote 0
I just called my local Best Buy. They are now taking preorders on the second shipment of EVOs.

With the cost of overnight shipping and two rebates to contend with, I'm having a hard time seeing the advantage, other than not having to go to the store. But for me that's right up the road and I would have had an appointment

Upvote 0
The point of my switching from a Sprint store pre-order to EVP was to save $25 per phone. I pay half of that back in shipping, but there was a chance I'd get the phones early (and at home) and still save $25. I'm also hoping that the EVP discount, which I'm told might not apply for a cycle or two, starts being applied sooner that it would have through a store.

Unfortunately the Rumor Touch, which is my second phone, is currently more through EVP than Best Buy.

Upvote 0
I was told by Andrew that it would more than likely be a couple days early that we get our phones which is why I didn't do any other preorder. He said even if it is shipped on Fri you will get it on Sat. I wanted it on Fri and was going to go to a Sprint store early and then I realized a Sprint warehouse is here in my town and that I will get it Fri anyway. So I am glad I don't have to get up early and pick it up anywhere but it would of been nice to get it early. I just hope it comes before 3:00pm Friday when I have to leave for work. I bet the warehouse here has them already there just waiting to be shipped. Wish I could just go there and get mine.

Upvote 0
I am guessing UPS delivers on Saturday? My friend was wondering that but I said we hopefully don't have to worry since we have a warehouse here. But it is my Sat & Sun off so I would be home all day. I'll have all weekend to play with it but if it comes Friday then I can come home from work and stay up all night playing with it.

Well hopefully we get it on friday or saturday the latest. I know some don't care about getting it this week, but I do!!!! lol Especially since the rest of the country will have theirs Friday. lol

Upvote 0
Its funny we are linking/quoting their site and they are linking/quoting ours.
Table Tennis anyone. lol

UPS, oh god, I hate UPS, they always never knock on the door and just leave a slip saying they tried to deliver and take the stuff back. (Even though Someone is home always).

TS

UPS sucks big oscar mayers. They don't even bother coming down my driveway it's too long they just put a slip in the mailbox.
I closed my account with them after they left a package in the rain by the mailbox a half mile from the house.

Upvote 0
I was told by Andrew that it would more than likely be a couple days early that we get our phones which is why I didn't do any other preorder. He said even if it is shipped on Fri you will get it on Sat. I wanted it on Fri and was going to go to a Sprint store early and then I realized a Sprint warehouse is here in my town and that I will get it Fri anyway. So I am glad I don't have to get up early and pick it up anywhere but it would of been nice to get it early. I just hope it comes before 3:00pm Friday when I have to leave for work. I bet the warehouse here has them already there just waiting to be shipped. Wish I could just go there and get mine.

If it ships on Friday and you ship via ground, you won't get it until Monday unless it leaves the warehouse and goes to the local sort facility by the early am on Friday. How are you confident that you'll get it Friday if it ships Friday? I was wondering about this.

Upvote 0
Andrew told me since the warehouse is in my city that I would more than likely get it on Friday. That it would be on the UPS truck I don't know. When I ordered my TP2 through telesales I don't think I did overnight and still got it the next day. I can't remember now.

But I just called EVP to verify and was told the phones won't be shipped until Friday and unless I ordered overnight I may not get it on Friday. I guess I was thinking it was coming directly from the warehouse and not thinking it had to go to UPS. But I am glad I called. She said UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday but she could be wrong. She said at least in her city they don't. But I was told I have overnight shipping which I wasn't sure if I had or not. I just ordered the phone via an email to Andrew saying I wanted it and don't remember being asked which shipping method I wanted. But she said I have overnight so I guess I'll just have to wait and see. But she said Thursday probably won't happen and with overnight and the warehouse being in my city yes I should get it on Friday so I guess I'll just wait and see. We also have a UPS air here too but it won't go on the plane for overnight since it's being delivered to my same town. But either way I have overnight which is what I wasn't sure about when i called EVP and she said more than likely I will get it Friday.

If it ships on Friday and you ship via ground, you won't get it until Monday unless it leaves the warehouse and goes to the local sort facility by the early am on Friday. How are you confident that you'll get it Friday if it ships Friday? I was wondering about this.

Upvote 0
Andrew told me since the warehouse is in my city that I would more than likely get it on Friday. When I ordered my TP2 I didn't do any type of overnight and still got it the next day. But I just called EVP to verify and was told the phones won't be shipped until Friday and unless I ordered overnight I may not get it on Friday. And she said UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday but she could be wrong. She said at least in her city they don't. But I was told I have overnight shipping which I wasn't sure if I had or not. I just ordered the phone via an email to Andrew saying I wanted it and don't remember being asked which shipping method I wanted. But she said I have overnight so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I just spoke with UPS and EVP. UPS told me that there is Saturday delivery in Louisville. Not all cities have it so shipping overnight on Friday does not guarantee a Saturday delivery. Furthermore, they said that the Saturday deliver is not an option on all overnight deliveries, that the Saturday option has to be selected in tandem with the overnight shipment and a sticker placed on the box. If the Saturday option is not checked, it will arrive Monday. They told me to contact the shipper, they should know.

I called EVP and they basically said they did not know. They have limited options in the system and it just says overnight. Basically this means that I have no idea what service I am paying for. Since I'm in Louisville, the free ground service will get it here Monday.

What sucks about this it that there is a scenario here that makes delivery on Monday the quickest option.

I'm calling Sprint.

Upvote 0
I just spoke with UPS and EVP. UPS told me that there is Saturday delivery in Louisville. Not all cities have it so shipping overnight on Friday does not guarantee a Saturday delivery. Furthermore, they said that the Saturday deliver is not an option on all overnight deliveries, that the Saturday option has to be selected in tandem with the overnight shipment and a sticker placed on the box. If the Saturday option is not checked, it will arrive Monday. They told me to contact the shipper, they should know.

I called EVP and they basically said they did not know. They have limited options in the system and it just says overnight. Basically this means that I have no idea what service I am paying for. Since I'm in Louisville, the free ground service will get it here Monday.

What sucks about this it that there is a scenario here that makes delivery on Monday the quickest option.

I'm calling Sprint.

Let us know what you find out, I'm very tempted to cancel my evp order and take my chances with a sprint store and not pay a shipping charge to get the phone later than I could at the sprint store.

Upvote 0
I guess I was thinking it was coming directly from the warehouse and not thinking it had to go to UPS.

That's probably because that's the impression they were trying to give in order to sell more units through EVP. I definitely feel that they were not honest about the chances of getting the phones at the same time as, or before, local customers.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Wow, I thought I had the EVO bug bad. Some of you folks are REALLY jonesin' for this thing, eh? :) As for me, I want it too, but it'll get here when it gets here. A day or two one way or the other won't put me in the loony bin.:cool:

Me either but I hate to pay for overnight shipping just to have to wait longer than I would by not paying any shipping at all, who knows though, they might get them shipped out on Thursday so we can actually have them on the 4th like the rest of the world.

Upvote 0
While I am in a little bit of a hurry to get my phone, more than anything, I just want to know that it's been shipped. The weekend I ordered they were having some server issues, so my original order went through blank.

My EVP rep took care of it, but I still have yet to receive an official receipt.....the uncertainty is what's driving me nutty. :(

Upvote 0
Wow, I thought I had the EVO bug bad. Some of you folks are REALLY jonesin' for this thing, eh? :) As for me, I want it too, but it'll get here when it gets here. A day or two one way or the other won't put me in the loony bin.:cool:
In situations like this, I get really frustrated with the lack of transparency and in the end just want what I was led to believe I would get. If I was told that the phone would come Monday that's fine. I can then make an informed decision.

BTW, I just called Sprint. They said it would not be delivered on Satuday if it ships Friday even with overnight. He said they always give 2-5 business days on phone orders. I asked if he was just guessing it wouldn't be delivered on Saturday and maybe it would. Hiss reply was that it was not a guess. It won't be delivered on Saturday. My question now is, what are we paying for with overnight delivery? EVP says these are the options in the Sprint system. I may preorder at Best Buy again can cancel my order through EVP. At least no mail in rebates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones