• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

EVP Delivery Dates

Spoke to my rep again, she told me if I was going to cancel my order with them I would need to do it by noon tomorrow. Maybe they do have them after all and they are going to ship out tomorrow afternoon, why else would I need to cancel by noon since they are open until 5??

man..i hope your right.....i dont want to wait for an evo all weekend....

Upvote 0
Some of you guys are hilarious for canceling orders. Now if you go out on Friday searching for a Evo, it will be funny if you don't get one and have to wait. EVP is usually good at what they do. I'm sure the phones will be shipped by tomorrow and arrive Friday. :D

Between radio shack opening up at 6am and allowing non preorder people to pickup extras, sprints overstock, best buy, walmart, and Sams, this will not be an issue.

What will be funny is all of us EVP waiting till Monday, when everybody else will have theirs. lol Or not so funny, since Im still waiting on EVP.

Upvote 0
Between radio shack opening up at 6am and allowing non preorder people to pickup extras, sprints overstock, best buy, walmart, and Sams, this will not be an issue.

What will be funny is all of us EVP waiting till Monday, when everybody else will have theirs. lol Or not so funny, since Im still waiting on EVP.
My local Radioshack and Best Buy are both out of EVO's already, all of them going to pre-orders. I suspect this to be the case with most retailers.

Called EVP again about something unrelated to the EVO but asked about the shipment. The rep said 3:00pm is the cutoff time for them to be considered as a Thursday shipment. If they enter the system after 3:00pm they are will ship out Friday.

Upvote 0
My local Radioshack and Best Buy are both out of EVO's already, all of them going to pre-orders. I suspect this to be the case with most retailers.

Called EVP again about something unrelated to the EVO but asked about the shipment. The rep said 3:00pm is the cutoff time for them to be considered as a Thursday shipment. If they enter the system after 3:00pm they are will ship out Friday.

Try a neighboring city, I'm at best buy now and I watched them put their Evo's under their counter. They have tons of them! They also said they have extras. I asked If I can check out a model Evo and they said I had to wait till Friday. lol :(

Upvote 0
Some of you guys are hilarious for canceling orders. Now if you go out on Friday searching for a Evo, it will be funny if you don't get one and have to wait. EVP is usually good at what they do. I'm sure the phones will be shipped by tomorrow and arrive Friday. :D

Should be pretty easy to get one, that's main reason I canceled, ended up getting a better discount locally than I would have through EVP as well. The only hilarious thing will be reading the EVP threads on Friday from everyone that didn't cancel and are finally realizing they won't recieve their phones until Monday. Funny in a sadistic sort of way...if that's your thing.

Cheers

Upvote 0
Netflix ships out DVD's on Monday that aren't available until Tuesday. Since it's guaranteed to take a day to arrive they ensure people don't get them early but still get them on the release day. We can only hope.

All this talk about EVO's at the retailers makes me wonder what's up. Is this a push to drive people to the brick and mortar? At this point I'm starting to wonder why the lack of info for the EVP online retailer? Seems like it has more to do with Sprint than EVP. I gather they're just waiting like we are. When I talked to them earlier, a rep said they had 400 people waiting for their EVO's and wanted to get them out so they could move past this. Sounds like they're getting heat.

Upvote 0
In any case I already have two pre-ordered as well at Radio Shack for pickup Friday or Sat. (They never gave us an appt, just to come in any of those two days), so if I do not get any notification from EVP or any member here by tomorrow I'll cancel with EVP and proceed with the original pre-order at Radio Shack.

That bothers me, cause if the cutoff is 3PM in the system and they do manage to ship it out, you say they ship it out Friday. That still will not guarantee that we will get it Saturday especially if its not logged in the system as Saturday delivery.

The only way would be for them to get them early Thursday and have it shipped out that same day to arrive Friday.

TS

Upvote 0
That bothers me, cause if the cutoff is 3PM in the system and they do manage to ship it out, you say they ship it out Friday. That still will not guarantee that we will get it Saturday especially if its not logged in the system as Saturday delivery.

The only way would be for them to get them early Thursday and have it shipped out that same day to arrive Friday.

TS

Yes. I'm writing off a Friday ship date for a possible delivery before Monday. While no one directly told me EVP does or does not indicate Saturday deliver, the Sprint rep led me to believe they do not.

Bottom Line:

Ships before 3pm Thursday, we get it Friday if overnighted or in the 1 day radius for ground.

Ships after 3pm Thursday, expect it Monday or later.

Of course this is all pieced together from various sources, but it seems to be what has been indicated.

Upvote 0
the phone is not released until june 4th. sprint makes this rule not EVP, bestbuy or anyone. the resellers who agree to sell this phone agree to those terms. EVP does not have any power when it comes to release dates on handsets. all these online places can do is offer up discounts as they do not have the overhead as traditional B&M stores do.

EVP are not allowed to ship until friday. they have the same rules as walmart.com in this regard... what i would do if i were an EVP customer is ask if they ship on saturday.. if they do, then some people will grab the units before monday...

Upvote 0
My UPS said they do deliver on Saturday if Sprint check marks Saturday delivery on there label. Then Sprint said they have nowhere to check mark Saturday. So I still have no idea. I am still assuming I will get it on Friday but I don't know. If it leaves the Sprint warehouse and goes to UPS then it has to go to UPS Air to get to people next day. But since I live here in town where the warehouse is I just have a feeling it will go from Sprint warehouse to UPS and be put on a truck not to go to UPS Air but to come to my house. I've gotten stuff before right away since the warehouse is here. But will see! All I can do is wait and I am hoping we get an email tomorrow that it is being shipped. I hope everyone gets there's on Friday. I am not going to cancel but If I knew for sure I wasn't getting it Fri or Sat then yes I would go to my Sprint store and try to grab one. But I'm gonna wait it out and see what Brian has to say about it tomorrow.

Upvote 0
the phone is not released until june 4th. sprint makes this rule not EVP, bestbuy or anyone. the resellers who agree to sell this phone agree to those terms. EVP does not have any power when it comes to release dates on handsets. all these online places can do is offer up discounts as they do not have the overhead as traditional B&M stores do.

EVP are not allowed to ship until friday. they have the same rules as walmart.com in this regard... what i would do if i were an EVP customer is ask if they ship on saturday.. if they do, then some people will grab the units before monday...

thats nice and all, but EVP has showed with devices before the Evo that they could give a flying flip about Sprints rules and always shipped early.. Which is what everybody was expecting with the Evo as well...

Upvote 0
I know i emailed Brian the end of last week and he said they weren't in there invenotry yet. This does beat waiting at the store and since I have a warehouse in my city I'll get it on Friday regardless of shipping method.

Well if there is a warehouse where I live then they won't have to ship it overnight they can ship it straight to my house. So I know I'll get it Friday if UPS comes before I go to work. .

I wanted it on Fri and was going to go to a Sprint store early and then I realized a Sprint warehouse is here in my town and that I will get it Fri anyway. So I am glad I don't have to get up early and pick it up anywhere but it would of been nice to get it early. I just hope it comes before 3:00pm Friday when I have to leave for work.

I am guessing UPS delivers on Saturday? My friend was wondering that but I said we hopefully don't have to worry since we have a warehouse here.

M But since I live here in town where the warehouse is I just have a feeling it will go from Sprint warehouse to UPS and be put on a truck not to go to UPS Air but to come to my house.

Rose - is there a warehouse in the town where you live? LOL Totally not putting you down

Reactions: rzenger
Upvote 0
LOL! Sorry I just want this phone really bad.. And if It doesn't come Friday and I could of went to a Sprint store I would be kind of upset. But at least I know I am getting a phone. I need to wuit posting so much and the same thing it's always late and night when I am 1/2 asleep and don't realize it sorry.

Rose - is there a warehouse in the town where you live? LOL Totally not putting you down…just your posts were starting to give me de-ja vu. I hope you do get it before you get to work though! Again…totally not putting you down. Just wanted to point out that I think we got your point :D

Upvote 0
LOL! Sorry I just want this phone really bad.. And if It doesn't come Friday and I could of went to a Sprint store I would be kind of upset. But at least I know I am getting a phone. I need to wuit posting so much and the same thing it's always late and night when I am 1/2 asleep and don't realize it sorry.

Not a problem at all...I will gladly delete my post if I offended you in any way. I'm just as obsessed with this phone as you are and I'm jealous that you're so close to a source. I'm crossing my fingers that you will have yours in time to be able to play with it at work. 1 more day!!!!! Cheers to us! I hope we get that email tomorrow morning from EVP!!!!!! :D

Upvote 0
My rep told me last night they should know more today and from her telling me that if I wanted to cancel my order with them I would have to do it by noon today I think that they will probably get them shipped out today and we will have them tomorrow. I know Sprint doesn't want them out before the 4th so they probably have to do it this way unfortunately, I'm sure evp doesn't like dealing with all of the angry calls and emails but maybe their hands are tied on this phone.

Upvote 0
I'm just now thinking how brilliant Andrew is for taking vacation this week. This is definitely the most stressful week of that office's year and he is probably chilling out somewhere not dealing with any of it.

As disappointed as I am with EVP not coming through early, it was silly to get my hopes up. The EVP pre-order details never claimed anything other than shipping on the 4th. Oh well, looks like I'll be using the BB pre-order after all.

Upvote 0
My EVP rep emailed me late last night saying they have them in and he could overnight one to me to get here tomorrow, Friday. Unfortunately I would have to do the mail in rebate so I'm just going to stick with my BB pre-order so I don't have to bother doing the whole rebate thing.

Who is your EVP Rep? I just asked chat and they said they dont have them in stock

Upvote 0
My EVP rep emailed me late last night saying they have them in and he could overnight one to me to get here tomorrow, Friday. Unfortunately I would have to do the mail in rebate so I'm just going to stick with my BB pre-order so I don't have to bother doing the whole rebate thing.

Who is your EVP Rep? I just asked chat and they said they dont have them in stock

I bet Lindsey's rep inadvertently spilled the beans. It looks like the official party line is supposed to be "not in stock" but her rep either didn't get the memo or enjoys living on the edge. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones