1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Except browsers nothing connects to internet

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaushik_one, Sep 13, 2011.

1. kaushik_one

kaushik_one Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Hello,

I got this phone less than a week ago. Only the browser can connect to the internet. All other apps timeout and says 'this app requires a working data connection'. I have an EDGE connection, and as I said, I can use the browser to surf the web without any problem. I installed Opera mini manually (from PC) and even that connects to the internet. It's the other apps such as android market app, facebook app, twitter app, youtube app, maps etc. that fails to connect.

What's wrong?

No rooting and tweaking whatsoever. (Edit: installed a few apps, but that's all)

Please help.

Advertisement

2. yuripg

yuripg Newbie
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Brazil
    I think you're facing the same thing I've been through for a short time (until I figured out the problem).

Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.

The time I could only access the internet through the browser was because the default/selected configuration for internet access was the WAP (which is a different protocol, for a lighter navigation, but only works with browsers). After I checked the 'Internet' configuration (not the WAP) of my provider/carrier, all my apps were able to make use of mobile internet.

I hope this was your problem and you get it fixed.

3. kaushik_one

kaushik_one Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    I think you are right. But I can't see WAP anywhere. I'm using Vodafone. I will ask them what the correct settings are.

I will be back, if I can't fix this. :)

Thanks

4. kaushik_one

kaushik_one Lurker
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Oh man! thank you so much. It's working now.