• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

exceptionally pleased with my Moment

AndroidSPCS

Android Expert
Nov 12, 2009
USA
I've had my Moment since last November, about a week after launch. I must have been one of the lottery winners of a great Moment, because I have had nothing but great experience with my Moment.

I ran it on 1.5 til last week, with Panda91Home homescreen replacement all the time. Granted it was sluggish at times, and the camera took forever to activate and run, but the phone was rock solid. I had my emails / web / apps and phone working great.

I finally updated to 2.1 last week, after hotmail stopped working on my phone's browser. After the update, I installed Launcher Pro.

The phone has been working much better / faster than even before. Everything is lightning fast, even the camera. I still have the Facebook 1.3 app installed, didn't bother to update to 1.3.1 or whatever to address battery issues. I charged it on Thursday night, pulled it off the charger at 8pm. Friday morning it was still showing full battery. Used it all day, and finally at 8pm Friday my phone showed the 15% warning. Put it back on the charger at 10pm last night. That's over 24 hours of use, with regular phones calls, web, facebook, etc!! Mighty impressive!! :eek::eek:

This phone rocks, at least the one I own. I have not any major problems since the update, and I hope it keeps on rocking.

2 more months though before I get the Epic, but I think I can live with this! :D

I've had my Moment since last November, about a week after launch. I must have been one of the lottery winners of a great Moment, because I have had nothing but great experience with my Moment.

I ran it on 1.5 til last week, with Panda91Home homescreen replacement all the time. Granted it was sluggish at times, and the camera took forever to activate and run, but the phone was rock solid. I had my emails / web / apps and phone working great.

I finally updated to 2.1 last week, after hotmail stopped working on my phone's browser. After the update, I installed Launcher Pro.

The phone has been working much better / faster than even before. Everything is lightning fast, even the camera. I still have the Facebook 1.3 app installed, didn't bother to update to 1.3.1 or whatever to address battery issues. I charged it on Thursday night, pulled it off the charger at 8pm. Friday morning it was still showing full battery. Used it all day, and finally at 8pm Friday my phone showed the 15% warning. Put it back on the charger at 10pm last night. That's over 24 hours of use, with regular phones calls, web, facebook, etc!! Mighty impressive!! :eek::eek:

This phone rocks, at least the one I own. I have not any major problems since the update, and I hope it keeps on rocking.

2 more months though before I get the Epic, but I think I can live with this! :D

If you phone is that solid running stock DE03 you should look into rooting and installing of one the many great ROM's. You will be equally impressed with the improvement ;).

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
I also won the lottery of the phones and got a good one. I liked my phone a lot until I flashed a custom rom and rooted it. Now I love it. Trust me, you have no idea how much better it can be. I would either flash Dearmas Interceptor v6 or the titanium x rom. Since Dearmas is MIA atm if I were you I'd look at TX.

Ti X ROM 1.2.3 non-JIT5.1MFLOPS / JIT9.316MFLOPS

Upvote 0
I also won the lottery of the phones and got a good one. I liked my phone a lot until I flashed a custom rom and rooted it. Now I love it. Trust me, you have no idea how much better it can be. I would either flash Dearmas Interceptor v6 or the titanium x rom. Since Dearmas is MIA atm if I were you I'd look at TX.

Ti X ROM 1.2.3 non-JIT5.1MFLOPS / JIT9.316MFLOPS

well just to let you know dearmas is not mia he is over at ams-services.

Upvote 0
I have been extremely happy with my Moment as well. I think some people have problems with their Moments when they try to customize it too much, but I think most of the issues can be blamed on being in an area with poor reception. I've had my Moment for 4 months and never had any problems with battery life, data lock-ups or random airplane mode issues until I spent a week with a buddy out of town. The reception at his place was poor at best. During that week I experienced my first of several data lock-ups and near the end of the week I experienced my first and only random airplane mode incident. Been back home for several weeks now and my Moment has been running as smoothly as ever.

Upvote 0
That's not true. My wife is on her third Moment and her's is bone stock except for apps. I had always been having problems with my phone. We've had them since Aprilish and I just rooted and installed a custom Rom about a month ago. These phones just have that much hardware problems. I use to only get about 15 hours out of my phone, my phone is running on about 25 hours right now and showing a full charge. I did barely use it yesterday, but before I would of still had to charge it last night.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones