1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Exceptions in "Trigger", or alternate app to use

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by me10lee83, Sep 27, 2014.

1. me10lee83

me10lee83 Member

I am trying to setup the app Trigger so my phone is silent at night, except for calls from certain people. I can't find how to do this. Anyone know if this is possible?

Alternately, I'm looking for an app that can do the things below. If there's another app that can do this that may work as well. I've heard Tasker recommended, but so far have been reluctant to try it since there's no free version to check out before buying it. I was trying Smart Volume Control as it came with my phone, however that wasn't working properly (I think it was getting confused between the GPS based "home" profile to turn on wifi, and the time based "night" profile). Llama is another I've seen recommended, but that doesn't work off GPS. AutomateIt is another I've considered as well, haven't tried that. I have Trigger set up to do everything I want so far except the exceptions to silent mode, which is important.

I used to have the Motorla SmartActions app on my old phone, I"m looking to replace that on my new Galaxy S5. What I want the app to be able to do:
    -Silent at night (when charging during set hours except for when certain people call)
    -Turn wi-fi/bluetooth on and off based on location
    -Turn sound off based on location
    -Launch an application when connected to bluetooth (this one would be nice but I can do without it)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download