1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Exchange 2010 email sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by latino2k55, Aug 18, 2011.

1. latino2k55

latino2k55 Lurker
    None

Aug 18, 2011
    I'm only able to sync email items and folders up to 30 days old. Before the new OS upgrade I was able to sync all. I thought OS upgrades were supposed to enhance capabilities.
    Am I missing something here?

Advertisement

2. colchiro

colchiro Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    There was speculation that the 602 update feature list also included the features for the previous GB update.

More than 30 days is a lot of email. (I use 3 days.) If you really need more than 30 you might need a different email app like k9. Some give you a 30 day trial.

3. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Apr 22, 2010
    Male
    Film/TV Attorney
    Whistler BC and Los Angeles
    Touchdown gives you multiple options all the way to "all."

4. wolfpack98

wolfpack98 Lurker
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    Real Estate
    Raleigh, NC
    I'm having the same issue on my Droid X. Before the update I could download a years worth of exchange email if I wanted. Now only 30 days. I would prefer not to have to buy Touchdown or some other program since it was just free before GB update. Was this a diliberate change in GB if anyone knows? Or is there a way to fix it, whether that be by rooting it or something else?

The funny thing is it also does it for my linked yahoo accounts(limits to 30 days). But when I go into my hotmail account under "other settings" I can also choose 2 months or never delete. Makes me think the yahoo and exchange limits to 30 days were an oversite in GB.

Please don't reply with "I only need 'x' number of days" as that is of no help to me. Some of us need more.

Thanks ahead of time.