1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Exchange active Sync error- Please Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbloco1, Feb 5, 2011.

1. kbloco1

kbloco1 Lurker

I set-up my phone tgo get my corporate e-mail and it does in fact sync my e-mail and contacts, but will not sync my calendar. I am getting an error "socket connection timeout" How do i fix this so I can get my work calendar to update to my phone?? I have tried deleting and reinstalling my e-mail on my phone to no avail.
    Thanks for your help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. aldamb

aldamb Lurker

I have this same problem. If anyone has a solution I'd be grateful! My calendar sync worked for about two months, then suddenly one day it stopped.
    Any suggestions are welcome!

3. asooi2001

asooi2001 Lurker

I have the same problem, did you managed to resolve your problem now. Pls share with me.

4. asooi2001

asooi2001 Lurker

Hi, I have trying many method including clean up my calendar in my outlook, but seen like the problem still the same, "socket connection timeout".
    Pls help !

5. Talderon

Talderon Android Expert

These issues appear to be on the Exchange side. Speak with your Exchange Admins and see if they can help with the problem. I know of dozens of people without the issue at my company so I know it works, so I doubt it is the phone side.

People have to remember, there are 2 sides to this smart phone thing, the phone and the servers. :)

6. rsuri2

rsuri2 Lurker

I have tried so many different things. It seems that using Moxier Mail is the only thing that seems to work. I've been going back to all the message board posts that I came across to share my solution. I hope it works for you.

7. ms.vee

ms.vee Lurker

I cannot send emails from my corporate email account. I can receive emails from my account, i have my calendar and my contacts but I cannot send emails in reponse to those received in my inbox. Any known apps I can download to fix this? I called tmobile to get some tech support and they say its a known droid issue that ins't fixable.

I would like to know what apps ppl are using instead so I dont have to get a whole new phone... thanks so much!