• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

exchange active sync error

laurajayne

Lurker
May 14, 2010
Hello all,

I'm really hoping you can help me here :)

I've got a Desire, and love it - all apart from one error that I keep getting.

I have an Exchange mailbox - I'm self employed so it's pretty vital to me to be able to get my email pushed to the device.

I work from home, so I'm nearly always connected to WiFi rather than using internet data.

At the moment, if I leave the device for a while, I'll go and look at it, and see that in the top left hand corner is the sync icon with an exclamation mark. It then will tell me it couldn't sync with my mailbox, calendar or contacts. I've had no email notifications for a couple of days as I've had to go in and manually sync it.

Now, I should probably say we've had tremendous fun with our routers, and are now on our 4th. The first had a similar problem, second worked a ok, third and forth have this issue. So it might be a problem with the phone and router communicating?

I did have to do a full reset of the phone yesterday, as it was telling me I had no signal at all, when both sim cards worked fine in a nokia I have....and now I'm having this difficulty.

I haven't left it on mobile data only yet - I'm trying this now to see whether it makes a difference.

Our newest router is this one: NETGEAR N150 DGN1000 Wireless ADSL Router at cheap prices | PC World

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful....I hate to say it, but my iPhone never had any problems with it....and I really don't want to go back to one of those!

Many Thanks :)

Is your phone connecting to the internet OK? Web browser, android market place etc?
If you go to settings/wireless and networks/wifi settings does it show you as connected to your home router?

Do you have another wireless device you can test access to your exchange account with?
Gary

Upvote 0
Sorry I'm going to run off of this thread.

I'm having a issue with my exchange sync. I keep getting "Sorry! - the application Mail (process.htc.android.mail) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". My emails get through but sometimes it really quick, and other times I get warnings and it doesn't come through.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Upvote 0
Hi Gary, thanks for the reply.

I don't have another router now that I can test with this, but a previous set up worked fine. Just didn't work for anything else whatsoever lol. So no chance of going back to that one, sadly.

Everything else is fine (although peep was telling me I had no tweets - hardly likely! So I installed twitroid and that's now fine).

Hotmail is syncing fine, can get on marketplace etc no problem using wifi. Showing I'm connected to the home network.

Could it be an issue with the communication between the two - maybe a port needs to be open or something?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Have you tried syncing each function at a time. Sometimes I've known our phones to "hang" when trying to sync contacts, diary and mail all at once.

The other thing to look at is your diary appointments. We've had issues were appointments that have no end date can screw the sync. Go to outlook, view and reoccuring appointments to check if any have not been set and end date.

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones