• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange / Activesync email and contact-specific alerts

Hello all,

I just got a Droid-X after a rocky 5+ year relationship with Blackberry. I'm trying to enable contact-specific alerts from within this email account, and I'm not having any success.

I know that this functionality exists for a GMAIL account, but GMAIL is not an option for this. I've thought about forwarding the email based on an Exchange rule to a GMAIL account and alerting based on that, but the emails received by this address are SO important that I wrote this off as a bad idea. I have tried android applications like Groupy, and found that this cannot work for Exchange accounts, the developer verified.

What I need is a specific alert when emails arrive from a certain address; this address is an emergency services hotline that all after-hours support goes to for our business....so we can't afford to rely on rules and other mail carriers to deliver this.

If I can't work this out, I may have to go back to Blackberry, so if there is any way to accomplish this natively with Android or a third party app (without forwarding to different domains) I'd appreciate the help...

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones