1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Exchange ActiveSync Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cmurphy84, Jan 14, 2012.

1. cmurphy84

cmurphy84 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    I have a customer who uses a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 model SCH-I905 on Verizon. I set it up to connect to their Exchange Server (2007) a few weeks back and had no issues at all. Thursday the 12th, he said he was prompted to update his software. After installing the update, his email stopped working. Now all his email shows is the folder list on the left and nothing, just white, on the right side. His calendar and contacts are no longer syncing with the server either.

Steps that have already been taken include clearing the data from the email app under manage applications, removing his account and setting it up again, and even a factory reset on the device. The problem is the same. I called Samsung Mobile Support, but after being on hold for 20 minutes three separate times just to have my call drop, I gave up on them. They want me to ship it to them for diagnostics, but my customer is flying out on Wednesday and wants to take it with him instead of traveling with his laptop.

His gmail account is still syncing just fine.

Also, they have at least three other Android based smart phones that are working perfectly fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. cmurphy84

cmurphy84 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    Bump. Still looking for assistance.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Android Expert
    None

Feb 15, 2010
    Male
    FAS Admin
    When you set up that account, did you make sure it is set to sync all? Accounts settings.

Also make sure it is not set up to sync over WiFi only.

4. cmurphy84

cmurphy84 Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2012
    It is set to sync all on any network.

After looking into it further, it could be an issue with the server certificate. I'll issue them a new certificate with the correct common name to see if that resolves the issue. Strange that it worked before and iOS still works fine. Does anyone know if the latest update may have tightened security on SSL even when you choose to accept all certificates?