1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support exchange activesync slow after going to sleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jabul, May 28, 2010.

1. Jabul

Jabul Member

May 22, 2010
    Has anyone had the problem of the exchange/activesync not pushing email like it should after the phone goes to sleep?

If the phone is awake than I don't have any problems. Email comes immediately and quickly. If it falls asleep for more than 10 minutes or so it'll push email a good 10-15 minutes late.

I read a couple people had similar issues and the only advice people gave was to ensure that the mobile network box was checked on. People also said to ensure "enable always-on mobile data" is checked as well. Both are but I'm still having these issues. It happens with both the regular exchange interface and I also tried touchdown but it does the same thing.

Am I alone here?

Advertisement

2. Jabul

Jabul Member

May 22, 2010
    bump...any ideas on what might be the problem?

3. Aussie

Aussie New Member

May 28, 2010
    i have noticed the same thing with my Desire..my old iphone always got emails straight away but once the desire goes to sleep they dont get pushed for anywhere from 3-20 mins later. but gmail always comes through straight away. it has to be a sync issue with sleep...

4. Jabul

Jabul Member

May 22, 2010

same here...gmail goes instantly but exchange gets delayed during sleep. very irritating!

5. Aussie

Aussie New Member

May 28, 2010
    i have contacted HTC just now by phone and they said they have not heard of this issue !..
    so now they have.. i have also emailed there support just in case..
    lets see what happens !