• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchange ActiveSync

ctid666

Lurker
May 27, 2010
I use Exchange as my email client & I have used Exchange ActiveSync to connect.
Everything is working well apart from when the phone has been in-active & is locked I am required to enter my Exchange password to unlock.
This is required to use the non Exchange functions also, as you might imagine this is very tedious.

Does anyone know if this can be changed or is there a work-round?

Thanks Guys.

I use Exchange as my email client & I have used Exchange ActiveSync to connect.
Everything is working well apart from when the phone has been in-active & is locked I am required to enter my Exchange password to unlock.
This is required to use the non Exchange functions also, as you might imagine this is very tedious.

Does anyone know if this can be changed or is there a work-round?

Thanks Guys.
your password does not have to be similar to your Exchange/mail password. What I did was to change the password under Setting/Security/Screen Unlock pattern. Password length is min 4 characters and one must be a symbol.

I want back my screen unlock pattern (which is tracing the 9 dots). I lost it after setting up my email account. Anyone has any idea how to get it back?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones