1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Exchange and "0 Minute" Appointment Reminders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wadester, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Internal Support Engineer
    Columbus, Ohio
    When I had my Windows Mobile 6.1 (Mogul) phone synced with my Exchange server, all of the Appointments I would create in Outlook with "0 Minute" Reminders would fire right at the Start Time on my phone.

However, after some testing, I noticed any new Appointments I create in Outlook with a "0 Minute" Reminder will show up on my EVO 4G but without the Reminder set at all (the Bell icon doesn't show up). If I set the Reminder to any other value, the Reminder is set (the Bell icon appears).

I'm used to using "0 Minutes" and I suppose I could set it to "1 Minute" by manually typing a 1 in the pull-down in Outlook, but I wonder why my EVO won't trigger the Reminder when it's set to zero?

Advertisement

2. JimSmith94

JimSmith94 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Irving, TX USA
    I realize this is an old post, but I swear my Evo used to notify me with 0 minute reminders set from Outlook. I have several events that worked even back in my Windows Mobile days.

Recently, I've noticed the same behavior as the OP - no reminder at all! Is this working for anyone else, or has anyone come up with a way to make it work, other than settling for 5 minute reminders? I am synching with the newest HTC Sync 3.0.5551 from here: Download HTC Sync 3.0.5551 Free - Easily synchronize your HTC device with your Outlook contacts - Softpedia

Tags: