• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange - Can only download past day mail

I am unable to see exchange email more than a day old. I go to Menu>More>Settings>Send&Receive>Download Past Mail and I only see 1 day listed. No other options are available.

I've already removed the account and added it back, but I still only have the option to download 1 day past mail.

Anyone know how to change this so I can see more than 1 day? I have the personal data plan and I'm pointing to our companies OWA server. iPhone users of the same settings can see well past 1 day.

Is there any way to correct this or is it a bug of the phone?

Found the solution to this problem. This is actually an exchange policy. To change the policy open up the exchange console. Goto Organization Configuration > Client Access. Some companies have multiple policies, some only have one policy. Open up the policy you want to change and goto the Sync Settings tab. Include past email items and change to the length you want. Options available are listed in the picture below.

One you change the policy go to the incredible mail sync setting and "sync now". You will get the new policy and be able to change the download past mail days. Hope this helps everyone out. Contact your IT Admin if you don't have access to the exchange console.

policy.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones