• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

(Exchange) Contacts Sync Great EXCEPT the Notes Field Will Not Delete/Update

pgtear

Lurker
Aug 1, 2013
I set my new Galaxy S4 with my Exchange account and all seems to sync fine since setting it up a couple of weeks ago. I can edit various fields in Outlook like say a phone #, address, etc. for a given contact nd the updated contact is almost immediately seen on the phone!

BUT... the 'Notes' field on contacts doesn't seem to do this. After playing around with it some more I figured out...

From the phone: I can DELETE/ADD text in the Notes field on the phone and that syncs to the Exchange account.

From Outlook: I can ADD text to the Notes field in Outlook and that shows up on the phone.

BUT... from Outlook: If I DELETE text from the Notes field of a contact - the text never get's removed from the contact on the phone.

I am waaaaay under the 1000 char limit and only use the Notes field in a % of the contacts. There was some old info in a # of Contacts Notes fields which I manually cleaned out recently. But I'm still seeing the same text left over in the same contacts on the phone only.

Can I get someone else who has an Exchange account do a simple experiment and try to delete some text from a Notes field in Outlook after adding it and ensuring it is on both the server and the phone?

Is the Notes field treated differently or a special case vs other fields in Contacts?

Thanks!

Hi
I'm having several issues with just my S4 sync'ing to exchange for contacts, did you find a solution to your issue?
My problems are recent, but then I may not have noticed previously as some sync some don't, affect both directions, not just notes but whole contacts ...

let me know if you got anywhere!
cheers

Upvote 0
Hi
I'm having several issues with just my S4 sync'ing to exchange for contacts, did you find a solution to your issue?
My problems are recent, but then I may not have noticed previously as some sync some don't, affect both directions, not just notes but whole contacts ...

let me know if you got anywhere!
cheers

Have you made sure you have syncing turned on in the exchange application?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones