• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

exchange email 30 day limit

Aqus

Jun 7, 2009
Is there any reason why with exchange mail limit the amount of email to 30 days?
If it is just to save storage space shouldn't we be able to decide what to do?
I need to have access to my email which is older than 30 days. I know I can buy another program like touchdown but don't feel like spending $20 for this. Right now I can use OWA but not as easy to navigate as stock player.
If I root can I change anything to allow more than the 30 day limit?
I have the same problem with both my sony arc running 2.3.3 and eee pad transformer running 3.1
TIA

Try another Exchange client.

I know I can buy another program like touchdown but don't feel like spending $20 for this.
Which is a bigger priority? Touchdown isn't the only option out there. Take the trial for a spin to see if it suits you before you buy if you do look into Touchdown.

If I root can I change anything to allow more than the 30 day limit?
Nope. Rooting doesn't change apps. If the stock app doesn't have the features you need then look into alternatives. This and several other missing features that I needed are precisely why I switched to Touchdown long ago.

If you insist on relying on just the stock apps then you're missing out on one of the advantages of Android.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones