• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Email setup on i1

the_clock

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
This is my first post here, though I have been searching this forum for quite some time now...this is the first time a search does not resolve my issue.

So I have more or less two problems here.

First, I set up my work email through POP3 protocol and that worked awesomely, even with the built in mail app...one problem though, all of my emails in Outlook were being marked as read automatically. (I'm assuming because once they are downloaded via POP3 from the server, outlook thinks they have been read.)

So now I start thinking, "Well I'll just set it up through Exchange".

Well, the account seems to validate and go through the setup process, but whenever I try to download messages, it just wont.

I entered my mail server's IP as the server name, and the local domain we use to log into the AD as the domain name.

Anything else I'm missing? This is quite frustrating...all I want is to be able to receive emails and not have them marked as read in Outlook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones