1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Exchange Lag. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by alornmage, Oct 1, 2010.

1. alornmage

alornmage New Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I know not a lot of users are heavy exchange users, but I'm an IT professional and run my business on my Droid X. I'm a recent iPhone convert and I absolutely love the phone...however I'm having one problem. Exchange Lag.

When I was on AT&T, if I went into outlook and created a new contact, email, whatever, by the time I could pick up my phone and scroll to find the contact, they had already been downloaded. Using push to me, if I understand it correctly, means that when I make a change on the server, the info is pushed to to the phone.

Now on verizon, me and a few other users, are experiencing the same problem. I made a new contact in my phone's exchange 20 minutes ago as a test. The contact has still not replicated to the server.

Likewise I made a new contact on the PC at the same time, and it hasn't replicated onto the phone yet.

However, when I emailed myself, the email came thru instantly when I checked the folder.

Is there a certain frequency that verizon uses for push? (5 minutes, 30 minutes)?
    And is anyone else suffering from this problem.

Advertisement