1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Exchange Services killing battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jsward12, Dec 30, 2011.

1. jsward12

jsward12 Android Enthusiast

Hey everyone, just picked up a Galaxy nexus last night.So far I am loving it. I went to bed and left the phone with 70% battery and when I woke up I have 25% left. Wow, not good until I saw that Exchange services was using 56% of my battery and did not let my phone sleep for 9 hours it was left idle. The strange thing is that I left the polling frequency as every 15 min and not push so this is a real suprise to see this. I have since changed it to manual, but my question is are other folks on this forum having the same issue? I love the exchange integration and hope that this is a bug that will be fixed which according to verizon rep this phone is due for 3 updates starting the end of january.

Happy New Year!

jbdan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

settings/developer options/kill apps

also, disable the exchange services you dont need.

3. jsward12

Thanks, however I would still like to use it though. By doing what you recommended won't that prevent me from using the email client on the phone?

4. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

not at all. just dont disable the gmail exchange. ive disabled a ton of things on my phone, from live wallpapers to exchanges and its made a huge impact on battery life.

5. jsward12

Bubba, its not Gmail I am having issues with it's exchange activesync.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews