• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Exchange Sync - Contact Pics

inkyeyes

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
Hi Everyone,

My first experience with Android was 2 weeks ago when i finally received my Incredible (after having it on order for a month). I came from a Blackberry connected to my company's BES Server. I had started taking pictures of my contacts with my Blackberry and the pictures synced with the contacts in my Outlook.

When I setup the Incredible to sync with the exchange server all of the pictures I had for my contacts instantly showed up as the contacts picture on the phone (just like on the Blackberry). I just figured that is how it is across all of the Android phones.

Got my X last friday and found out that it apparently doesn't pull the contacts pictures from Exchange when i gets the rest of the data. Neither does it push pictures taken from the phone up to Exchange.

My question is: is the Droid X's software lacking this feature normal for Android phones?? Do Nexus One's and Samsung android phones sync contact photo's with Exchange?

Trying to figure out if syncing contact photo's is just one of the extra niceties that come with the Incredible's Sense UI?

Thank you :)

I don't have an answer but I have the same problem. Everything else is syncing fine, calendar and emails but I can't get my photo's to sync. As dumb as it sounds you become adjusted to looking for the photo and makes the scrolling so much faster when selecting a person. I just wanted to be added to this thread for any answers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones