1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

exchanging D1 for D2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The Third, Nov 28, 2010.

1. The Third

The Third Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I currently have a Droid 1 and I will be receiving a Droid 2 in the next few days. Is there a way I can transfer apps that I have previously paid for to the new phone? If so .....how?

Advertisement

2. brnr17

brnr17 Android Enthusiast

Dec 30, 2009
    Wisconsin
    well they're tied to your gmail account, so i would think that as long as you used the same gmail account to sign into your new phone and those apps are compatible with that phone they should download right to it. I would think

3. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Yeah, your apps are backed up in the cloud. They *should* download after the initial sign in.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    If they don't download, they are still attached to ylyour Google account, so all you'll need to do is go into the market abd redownload them, or if your rooted, backup your apps with Titanium backup, once you get your D2, root it, and restore.

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Android Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010
    if your not rooted you can still backup your apps w/ astro...and then do the same on the d2

6. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Not all apps, most paid apps are private and you can't back those up with astro, also Astro does not save data from your apps. So let's say your a long way into Angry Birds, with Titanium you can pick up where you left off, with Astro, you'd have to start all over.

7. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Android Enthusiast

Mar 14, 2010
    yeah I know that...just if the market place does not acknowledge the ones that he has downloaded he can use astro. When switching between roms, the marketplace has always acknowledged any apps that I have paid for, but not all of the free apps have been automatically restored. That was before I did the whole TiBu thing....