• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchanging Droid and Apps

I don't know about settings... someone posted here and never replied to my questions (same as yours).

But they did say that apps did come down on first login, no answer on set ring tones, etc.... Personally I haven't tried it, but please let us know!

Are you syncing to google? If you are, I'm sure your google sync stuff will work like before (I love this).

Upvote 0
I did notice that if you go to settings>privacy, there's an option to "back up my settings". I haven't tried it but maybe this will save your settings such as ringtone, notification settings, etc.

Maybe someone else can elaborate?

I have it on. It looks like settings are saved to a google server so they should come back if you have to exchange your phone. I have no idea what settings are saved though. It doesn't give that detail.

Upvote 0
How do they get on the phone ?????

They have to be downloaded to the phone.

Just lie when you do a factory wipe of your phone. You have to re-download the apps.

Have you even performed a factory reset? I guess you didn't see this
"just fired up my new one, my apps, contacts, etc were there, but no settings. which pretty much sucks"

Plus I have done several factory resets and each time my apps were downloaded automactically. Between having the backup settings checked and logging in to your google account, it will all be there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones