1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Exchanging or returning the INC

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reverence, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I ordered my Incredible on June 9th, and it is suppose to ship by June 30th. When I bought it I was eligible for an upgrade, so I paid the 2 year extended contract price of $299.99 for the phone and a $100 mail in rebate.

My question is that if I get the INC and decide that I don't like it or don't want to keep it, I know that I have 30 days to return or exchange it, but if I do that and try and exchange it for the Droid X, will I still get the 2 year contract price for the X? And if I just decide to return the phone and stick with my old phone, is my contract still extended for another 2 years?

I'm just wondering for a what if situation so I can handle any issues or problems before they come about.

Advertisement

2. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    $35 restocking fee, that's it. All upgrades are reset after you pay up.

3. snork

snork Active Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    If you return the phone within 30 days, your contract goes back to where it was before your purchase, i.e., no 2 year extension. I did this with a POS curve that I bought before I realized that it did not have flash (essential for taking pictures of my very active toddler). When I returned it, they basically reverted me to the same exact status I was before I bought the curve - same old contract end date, same update eligibility etc.