1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Exchanging Phone, Re-installing Apps, other questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by multiplexed, Jun 28, 2011.

1. multiplexed

multiplexed Lurker
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    My phone cuts out now to the point where I can't even use it. I bought this captivate 3 weeks after it was released. Will I be able to exchange this for a new one? Voice quality has been bad from day one. Question 1) Any pointers on how to convince ATT to replace this unit?

The Froyo 2.2 update has 1 or 2 nice improvements, but it also made my problems worse. Sometimes, there's no signal now. It cuts out much more. The battery lasts half as long. Sometimes it doesn't ring, and goes straight to voicemail, etc.

Question 2) If I can return this, how do I re-install my apps on the new phone?
    Question 3) How do I forward calls from my crappy to my house phone?
    Question 4) Can I make calls over my Wifi Lan connection?

Advertisement

2. PhoneMatt

PhoneMatt Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Male
    Atlanta, GA
    Forwarding calls is really easy.
    Go to Settings, Call Settings, Voice calls, forward calls. A box will open. Enable call forwarding and put in the number that you want to forward calls to. Exit out and you're done.

3. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    1) AT&T won't replace it but Samsung will as it's still under its 1-year warranty. Might be a refurb, but the ones I've seen look good as new.

2) You have a few options. You can re-download them from the marketplace. Purchased apps will tied to your Google account so it'll remember you paid for them (except for a few apps which use a separate purchase method... you'll need to check with them). You can also use a backup app... the FAQ covers this in detail: Backup - CapFAQ

3) Matt answered this for you.

4) No