• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exchanging your free 2gb SD card

gatorbri

Apr 30, 2010
Has anybody tried exchanging the free 2GB micro SD card that came with the Incredible? I didn't originally receive mine but then our Verizon rep had it FedEx'd to me. It says in the package that it originally cost $14.99. Can I take it in to a Verizon store and exchange it for some accessories? I already have 2gb card and will likely be buying a bigger card anyways.

Has anybody tried exchanging the free 2GB micro SD card that came with the Incredible? I didn't originally receive mine but then our Verizon rep had it FedEx'd to me. It says in the package that it originally cost $14.99. Can I take it in to a Verizon store and exchange it for some accessories? I already have 2gb card and will likely be buying a bigger card anyways.

I doubt they would give you a store credit on something they GAVE you... you can certainly try though..

Upvote 0
Don't have an answer to your question but I have a question about the 2g cards in general.
Mine didn't even come with a card. The verizon place said it wasn't standard and only the very first ones shipped out got them(got mine 3 days after launch). I got an 8g now but curious if someone else didn't get one at all.

Upvote 0
Ok all the scenarios above are different than mine, but this may apply. I didn't get the 2 GB card with my preordered phone. I went in with my invoice and they gave it to me. But I also had the option of buying a higher capacity micro SD card with a $20 discount in place of the 2 GB card. I was going to buy a 16 GB card for $60 (after the $20 discount). But then I used Google Goggles on the barcode, and found that they were selling the same 16GB micro SD from Sandisk for $40 on Amazon and elsewhere.

So it wasn't worth it and I just took the free 2 GB card. Lesson is that Verizon store prices for the micro SD cards are way too high.

Upvote 0
Don't have an answer to your question but I have a question about the 2g cards in general.
Mine didn't even come with a card. The verizon place said it wasn't standard and only the very first ones shipped out got them(got mine 3 days after launch). I got an 8g now but curious if someone else didn't get one at all.

I got mine from Best Buy and they wouldn't give me a 2 gb card.

Instead they gave me a free Zagg Invisishield with Installation and it's working great.

I bought the 8 gb CLASS 6 and I think it is well worth the 20 bucks considering the speed and size. 2 gb was just to keep critics quiet, but if you are a hardcore user, everyone knows that won't last long so don't feel like you are missing out.

Upvote 0
I got mine from Best Buy and they wouldn't give me a 2 gb card.

Instead they gave me a free Zagg Invisishield with Installation and it's working great.

I bought the 8 gb CLASS 6 and I think it is well worth the 20 bucks considering the speed and size. 2 gb was just to keep critics quiet, but if you are a hardcore user, everyone knows that won't last long so don't feel like you are missing out.

I'm quite sure the last minute addition of the 2gb card was due to the fact that no apps currently support the internal storage since this is the first device to have it. many apps store small amounts of data on the SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones