1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Excited about my new Note 3!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kitwms, Oct 4, 2013.

1. kitwms

kitwms Newbie

I've had a Samsung Droid Charge on Verizon for about 9 months. Now I'm getting ready to receive my brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 any day now. As a latecomer to the smart-phone world, I've enjoyed experimenting with my Charge and I am really excited to be getting the Note3!

With that said, I am nervous having never gone through (1) an Android upgrade or (2) setting up a brand new phone from scratch. My concerns:

(1) How smoothly my restoration of contacts will go. I've been backing up with Verizon's Backup Assistant and I've seen the video about the process. But I have no idea what password they want me to enter when I restore.

(2) I have been using the GO Launcher EX simply because I inherited it. I really like its Page Editing, Shortcuts, Effects, etc. but I'm wondering if there may be a better launcher out there.

(3) Which music player to use. I've been using PowerAmp and the sound quality is good but I continually have huge problems with Playlists. Is there a better player out there?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Congrats on your new phone. When you have device specific questions, ask here: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android Forums

I'll take a stab at your Android general questions below.;)
    For this I would turn on backup / sync to google on your old phone. This way when you log into your google account with your new phone all of your contacts will automatically be synced to your new phone.
    I'm probably not much help here as I hace always preferred the stock launcher. I'm sure others will chime in.
    Again, not a strength for me, but I use the stock one, but I'm not sure what is available in touchwiz.:)