1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Exclamation mark next to text message?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Batt1719, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Batt1719

Batt1719 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    There is a red triangle containing an exclamation mark next to the last message I sent. What does this mean?

Advertisement

2. The message did not successfully send. You'll have to resend it (after first waiting for a few minutes to be sure it is not still trying and does send).

lonzom10 and Batt1719 like this.
  3. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Project Manager
    Rochester, NY
    True, but not always the case.
    I was getting the failed message yesterday (the exclamation point next to the sent txt) and they were still going through..
    Strange

4. The trigger for the failure is not time sensitive, it is signal strength sensitive, and that varies in micro-seconds.

Unfortunately it is not a perfect system and as far as I know the user cannot turn that feature off. At least the "message failed to be sent" prompt does not come up unless a receiving tower is not found (an outage). Sometimes even those failures self correct and the sender will inadvertently send a duplicate message.

5. texaspony

texaspony New Member

Jul 11, 2012
    This thread is a bit old ... But I had the same error with a text I sent the other night. The signal was spotty in the apt complex I was in, but the text message was asking a girl on a date. I didn't get a reply so is she blowing me off or did the message not go through?