• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Exclusive NEW LG Shine Plus Android

TelusMilestone

Android Enthusiast
Jun 23, 2010
Earth
New Telus LG Shine Plus with Google Android 2.1!

LG Get Connected ? Shine Plus with Google

Pictures to follow later today.

2010090209520226.jpg

20100902095211524.jpg

20100902101012383.jpg

20100902101023140.jpg

2010090210103839.jpg

20100902101047851.jpg

These pictures don't even do the phone justice. It's a gorgeous, sleek silver body -- major improvement over the US's version, LG Ally. Yay Canada!. The aluminum is nice but it does get fingerprints really easily.

Best thing about this phone is the price point: Everything I wanted in a phone for only $300. Stick it to HTC! I had wanted the HTC Desire but it was always sold out, and then I went online one day and saw this gorgeous specimen. Went to Telus the next day and bought it straight out. So glad I did!!

Upvote 0
No 2.2, Telus keeps saying they're expecting 2.2 soon but knowing Telus, I doubt it. It's a nice phone if you're after a device with a keyboard, and IMO this is by far one of the best keyboard Androids out there- much much much better than the Motorola ones. Samsung's Epic 4G and HTC's G2/Desire Z may also be good but I never used them, the myTouch 3G Slide also has a nice keyboard.

A couple things I have beef with on this phone, it's so slippery when holding it, I almost drop it several times and I need to go get a rubberized skin for this, and battery life is unimpressive.

The OS is a tad laggy, but that's because of the LG UI, once I switched to vanilla Android (Home Selector) it respnoded better then I installed Zeam or some other launcher and it runs well.

Edit- I forgot to mention that over on HowardForums I wrote how to eliminate the poor camera shots in the dark by putting a piece of tape between the camera and LED holes on the insde of the battery cover, the metal causes the LED flash to relfect into the camera's lens during shots.

Upvote 0
No 2.2, Telus keeps saying they're expecting 2.2 soon but knowing Telus, I doubt it. It's a nice phone if you're after a device with a keyboard, and IMO this is by far one of the best keyboard Androids out there- much much much better than the Motorola ones. Samsung's Epic 4G and HTC's G2/Desire Z may also be good but I never used them, the myTouch 3G Slide also has a nice keyboard.

A couple things I have beef with on this phone, it's so slippery when holding it, I almost drop it several times and I need to go get a rubberized skin for this, and battery life is unimpressive.

The OS is a tad laggy, but that's because of the LG UI, once I switched to vanilla Android (Home Selector) it respnoded better then I installed Zeam or some other launcher and it runs well.

Edit- I forgot to mention that over on HowardForums I wrote how to eliminate the poor camera shots in the dark by putting a piece of tape between the camera and LED holes on the insde of the battery cover, the metal causes the LED flash to relfect into the camera's lens during shots.

I've never had good success with LG always been a Motorola fan!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones