1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Exclusive plan offer (text message).

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prrep, Oct 23, 2014.

1. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

I'm on the $55.00 a month a plan & just received a text message with an exclusive plan offer. Which includes unlimited everything + 3.5gb of data for $45.00 a month. Which is a $10.00 monthly saving.I'm just wondering what's the catch?
    Anyone else receive this text?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

I have 5 gigs for 45 a month

3. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Is that on Virginmobile?
    If so how in the world did you manage to get that? Is that also unlimited talk & text?

4. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

Looks like VM changed their plans

[​IMG]

I also get 5gb data plus unlimited talk and text on Boost Mobile for $45.

5. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Sounds like a good deal, make sure the 3.5gb is 4g though. I would do that! I am currently on 2.5 gb $35.00 plan with 300 minutes, which I've never gone over on minutes but the data before throttling is a nail biter a lot of the time, especially now that LTE has arrived locally.

6. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I'm getting unlimited talk and text and 2.5GB data for $40, on Boost.

7. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

I dropped VM like a bad habit BECAUSE it was impossible for me to reach cap, their data is soo slow!

bg4m3r, maxed out shrink plan is no longer valid. :p

I skipped the shrink plan and went to the $45 for 5gb, I think it will be cheaper in the long run (lotta things can change and become cheaper while waiting for my plan to hit $40) and I think I would benefit more from the extra data.

8. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

funny... high speed 3g/4g data..... from my experiences the 4g is where 3g should be and 3g speeds are more like 1990's dial up.... I don't even want to know what they think 2g speeds should be

9. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

I see that now...also, it seemed to be implying that I have to switch to one of the new plans? Those weren't even an option when I signed up with them.

I don't use that much data, I don't think I've even ever hit 1GB. I'll be switching to the $35 plan.

10. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

I called Virgin Mobile and spoke to a Rep. and he assured me that the 3.5GB's of data were at 4g speeds.
    I also asked if I would be able to switch back to my current plan ($55.00) if I wanted to,He told me that starting on November 18th the plans are going to change.
    I was especially curious about the change of the ($35.00) plan, Since my son has my grandfathered ($25.00) plan and he wants to switch to a LTE device. The new $35.00 plan is going to be unlimited talk/text but only 250mb of data (that's pitiful). "Only 250mb of data" that would be used up in a day or two.

11. sp33chy

sp33chy Newbie

If they make the $35 plan have only 250MB data, I'm taking my device to R+.

12. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Those who currently have the $35.00 plan will get to keep their plan (grandfathered), The 250mb $35.00 plan is only applicable to new customers. "As far as my understanding from the Rep."

I myself already started researching other carriers for possible options, I've been with Virgin Mobile since about 2007 and think that maybe it's time to move on. These new plans that Virgin Mobile are going to be offering are really not worth it.

13. tuller

tuller Member

Look at the screen shot that kwknott posted (it's the same on the website). You will have the choice of which one of the two $35 plans you want. I have also talked to VM and have been assured that the current $35 will remain for both current and new customers, 300 minutes, unlimited data and text and at 2.5 GB's, you will be throttled. And the most data you will get from the $55 plan is 3GB's, before throttle, not 3.5. You will also have the option of the other plan of unlimited talk and text, with the 250MB limit before throttle. And all of the data plans are 3G/4g, if available in your area. All of this has been stated on VM's Facebook page as well...Just my 2 cents...

aml1025 and prrep like this.
  14. monticello

monticello Well-Known Member

No,it is boost. Had 40 a month and got the extra 2.5 for another 5 bucks

prrep likes this.
  15. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

I called,emailed and messaged with Virgin Mobile Rep's and they all confirmed that starting Nov.18th the current $35.00 300-min.,unlimited text/data will no longer be offered. I'm on a race against time here,Going to have to change my son's plan before the deadline.

16. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

250mb..... when I stream a baseball games audio using mlb at bat.... its pretty much 160mb.... now back using my optimus slider I couldn't use 250mb in a month if I tried

17. kwknott

kwknott Android Expert

You think they'd want to offer more data instead if reducing it. I think most people use more data than voice so it makes no sense to reduce data and increase talk.

18. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

But if they give you more of what you actually use they can't charge you overages. :p

19. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

but if they give you more of what you cant use then people think they are getting a better deal and they lose nothing and gain more customers ... the most data ive ever used is under 1.5gig and the most minutes ive used was 200 once... just like how sms is really a free service because it just attaches a small message to the call home feature that makes sure your phone is able to communicate to the system same thing as voip calling is free and isp's charge you money.... anyone remember dialpad back in the 1990's

20. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

So what will be offered for $35? What is currently on the page or what?

21. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Only the unlimited talk,text and 250mb of high speed data plan is the one that's supposed to remain for $35.00 according to what they've told me.

Murf1 likes this.
  22. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast

I am on the $35, 300 mins. talk, Unlimited text, and 2.50GB data now.
    So are you saying they will knock me back to 250MB of data and completely shut off my data access after that?!?

I get most of my data via WIFI, but I still wouldn't like my cell data to be completely shut off. Man, why do these people strive to make their plans worse and worse! :mad:

23. tuller

tuller Member

I have the same plan as you and have been told that we will have a choice as to the two $35 plans. If you want to keep your current one, you don't have do anything. If you scroll up to the screen shot that kwknott posted, that's exactly what is on the website. It appears that several of us have been told different things, regarding this by VM. I guess we will find out for sure on November 18th...

24. tuller

tuller Member

I emailed the VM's Angels (Facebook) and this is what I was told...."The new plans that we are offering will take effect after November 18th. All customers that are currently on the $35/300 minute plan can keep this plan after this date. If you do change your plan, or place a phone onto your account that would require you to change your plan (Currently all android/Iphone device are compatible with current offers.) I hope that I was able to answer your questions regarding this. After November 18th the $35/300 minute plan will be replaced with the new $35 plan and will not be available for new customers. New customers after this date will only have the newer plans available".

Thanks,

Bryan
    Virgin Mobile
    At Your Service

So there we go...

Murf1 likes this.
  25. prrep

prrep Well-Known Member

Those that currently have the 300 minutes unlimited text & data will get grandfathered.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews