• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

exFAT support

NullaVisus

Mar 3, 2016
Does anyone here know if the Stylo is supposed to support exFAT formatted SDCards? I always get a message that my card uses an unsupported filesystem when its on exFAT, but I'm currently using Katana ROM, so I was thinking it could be an issue with the ROM/my card in particular (maybe LG doesn't like people putting Samsung cards in their devices :p)

If not, is there any recommended solutions for getting exFAT support? Root or otherwise?

I think that's cause it's not fat32 but don't force format it to fat32 i done that once to a 64gb and it ruined the card and corrupted it in the longrun i couldn't add anymore files to it or remove files from it or reformat it was just stuck with what was already on it.

But some android devices are formatted to read and accept exfat and others while possible to read and accept it arent formatted to detect it without any errors.

If ya can read and write files to it just don't question it, it's just the way some androids are made.

Upvote 0
^if ya want a dead exFat format card in a year or two...

I'm telling you I did this to my very first legit 64Gb exFat microSDHC card to work with the HTC HD2 on dual boting windows phone and android sd and in the long run it turned the card into a dud.

I couldn't remove or add files to it and every time I reformatted it anyway possible all the old files would show backup in the end it and wouldn't be formatted at all.

Just speaking from experience, but I say if he's able to read/write files to and from the exFat formatted card then don't question it and ignore the error message.

So I learned my lesson from improperly force formatting a card into something it wasn't supposed to be.

Reactions: NullaVisus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones