• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Expandable memory on Nexus 5

If you do a search on "Meenova" in the Nexus 5 forum, you will find several threads that talk about this. It is really nice. I have one and another on order. Perfect companion for a rooted Nexus 5 (although will work with Nexus Media Importer without root).

Is there a free option to Nexus Media Importer where this device would work for non-rooted Nexus 5 phones?

Upvote 0
Is there a free option to Nexus Media Importer where this device would work for non-rooted Nexus 5 phones?

No, the free app from that developer only does photos, but if you are not going to root, NMI is well worth the money. It will allow you to both read and write to the card, it's just that no other programs will see the card, so you have to use NMI's media playing capabilities and document handling.

I, of course, choose to root so all programs could see and use the external storage. ;)

Upvote 0

No, the free app from that developer only does photos, but if you are not going to root, NMI is well wort the money. It will allow you to both red and write tot he card, it's just that no other programs will see the card, so you have to use NMI's media playing capabilities and document handling.

I, of course, choose to root so all programs could see and use the external storage. ;)

Look at it as part of the overall cost, which is hardly much extra anyway. As Hook said, it is well worth it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones