1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

expanded caller ID

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kukainis, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Kukainis

Kukainis Lurker

I have a lot of contacts in my phone, most of them I know through work. While naturally I recognize the caller from his name and last name if it's a friend of mine, I do struggle however to recognize who the caller is if it's someone I've met once and over a year ego. When I put a new contact in my phone, I usually enter the company's name that someone works for. Is there a way for an android phone to show me this information when I'm receiving an incoming call ?
    It seems this can not be set up from the standard settings and I'm quite surprised by that, seems to be an obvious requirement.
    I can of course put the name of the callers company in his name (e.g. John Stewart - Cabot Corporation) but this seems wrong.

Are there any options to solve this ?

P.S. Oh, my phone is HTC One X+, Android version 4.2.2., Sense version 5.0

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Welcome to Android Forums.

Take a look at ... Pixel Phone Pro (there is also a fee version). There are options to display the organization and phone number.

... Thom

3. Kukainis

Kukainis Lurker

hey Thom, thanks for your reply. Will check out Pixel Phone Pro, but are you saying there is an option to see the kind of information I want without a third party app ?

4. Kukainis

Kukainis Lurker

ok, so I tried out the Pixel Phone Pro and I like it so far. The problem is, I can't seem to select it as my defoult app for incoming calls. Is it something Sense doesn't allows ? How do I overcome this without rooting my device ?

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I've never seen that option in the dialer of any android phone or ROM I've used.

If it was there it would be in the settings of your phone app.

6. I suspect they are all using the same dialer.

Pixel Phone Pro stores the information in its log and you can store organization and phone number in the log if you choose.

I have not tried accessing the log during a call ... only after. Perhaps it is there during the call.

... Thom

7. Kukainis

Kukainis Lurker

perhaps I didn't make my self clear, I apologize. What I want from such functionality is not to be able to browse the saved details of the incoming caller during the call, but rather see the organization field displayed while I'm receiving the incoming call. Just as I'm able to see the persons name who's calling me at the time. Can this be done ?