• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Experia x10 help

NADHIM ALI

Mar 30, 2010
HI FRIENDS

I am going to buy SONY ERICSSON EXPERIA X10 this weak
this phone operates with ANDROID OS

can any.body tell me if i can run and install
application in the phone MICRO SD ( MEMORYCARD ) ?

AND HOW ABOUT THE OS VERSION
IS IT 2.0 ANDROID ?
please i need answers

THANKS

I received mine today (the T-Mobile US version). It is pretty cool. Regarding the OS, it's android 1.6, but the Rachael UX (Timescape/Mediascape) make up for that with a cool interface. I've read that 2.0+ is coming soon, but I can't see much changing beyond more app compatibility. What I really want is for someone to root the phone so that I can overclock the processor and get the most of out that Snapdragon.

Upvote 0
I received mine today (the T-Mobile US version). It is pretty cool. Regarding the OS, it's android 1.6, but the Rachael UX (Timescape/Mediascape) make up for that with a cool interface. I've read that 2.0+ is coming soon, but I can't see much changing beyond more app compatibility. What I really want is for someone to root the phone so that I can overclock the processor and get the most of out that Snapdragon.

Can you describe the pros & cons of this phone. I need user reviews. thanks

Reactions: NADHIM ALI
Upvote 0

THANKS

have you tried any software yet ?
can you use the MICRO SD for storing APPS ?

Upvote 0
i don't have one of these devices, but i know that you won't be able to store apps on the SD card. Google haven't implemented that as a feature yet due to concerns about piracy of apps. they said they plan to fix it, it's a matter of them implementing some sort of encryption.

can't remember where i read that, in an interview with Eric Schmidt i think, on engadget.

so, short answer is "no" i'm afraid!

what you want is a device with some hefty internal storage, like the Samsung Galaxy. i'm not saying i recommend the Galaxy, but i can say that you won't have this problem with it. the X10 has 1GB storage, which is better than most devices, but the Galaxy has 8GB. i think it's a cost-saving measure that most manufacturers don't include much internal storage.

Reactions: NADHIM ALI
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones